• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Hero of Greenwood Indiana

I just can't imagine anyone with that level of proficiency, formal training or not, walking around with FMJ in his carry weapon. :noidea:. Glad it worked out for him, but sounds like it took extra effort.
There are some advantages to FMJ ammo in carry. I do it frequently if not carrying Gold Dot HP handloads.

I'm going to guess that the FMJ choice simply comes down to money. He sounds like a newish, casual gun owner and probably thought he was never going to actually use that thing, no point in wasting money on expensive hollow point stuff. I mean, he didn't even bother replacing the sights after they were damaged in a motorcycle accident, just filed 'em down 😅 A thrifty individual indeed. I bet he'll do things differently in the future though!
Could be as simple as that. :yo:

I'm going to guess that the FMJ choice simply comes down to money. He sounds like a newish, casual gun owner and probably thought he was never going to actually use that thing, no point in wasting money on expensive hollow point stuff. I mean, he didn't even bother replacing the sights after they were damaged in a motorcycle accident, just filed 'em down 😅 A thrifty individual indeed. I bet he'll do things differently in the future though!
I bet he doesn't have to spend a dime on his next 10 guns.

Back
Top Bottom