• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The last gladiators. Rest in peace gentlemen

I am sorry, I have to disagree. While these people are for sure fearless, this is a choice that is made by them to boost their adrenaline addiction. I feel very sorry for their families and friends who have to deal with their decisions. Men who distinguish themselves on a battlefield or in the face of natural disasters are the ones that I think of as heroes. As far as these people, I say play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This of course is just my opinion. I do believe that everyone has the right to do what they want, when they want.

I am sorry, I have to disagree. While these people are for sure fearless, this is a choice that is made by them to boost their adrenaline addiction. I feel very sorry for their families and friends who have to deal with their decisions. Men who distinguish themselves on a battlefield or in the face of natural disasters are the ones that I think of as heroes. As far as these people, I say play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This of course is just my opinion. I do believe that everyone has the right to do what they want, when they want.
I don't disagree with your sentiments but no one here called them heroes. They were referred to as gladiators. You know, slaves who fought for the entertainment of the people.

Grocery clerks, nurses, doctors, policemen, etc., are NOT heroes (Covid reference). Combat infantrymen, combat arms who've been under fire and performed brave acts, combat medics, pilots in hot landing zones, firemen who've run into burning structures to save people and animals, those are heroes.

Some men don't have any battlefields or natural disasters to challenge them. This is another outlet for that need for adventure.

It's not supposed to be safe. If it was safe they wouldn't be doing it.

Back
Top Bottom