• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The last good thing from Macon...

... besides me and Nu Way Wieners. Mrs. Griffin's is without a doubt THE best barbecue sauce available.

I went and picked some of this up just because of this thread several weeks ago . Popped the top off and tasted it. Nothing special, kind of flat mustard and a little vinegar tang so I put it back in the pantry. NOT IMPRESSED!!!

This last weekend I made the unpardonable mistake of running out of my favorite sauce and was stuck with this Mrs Griffins stuff so I used it on chicken legs and thighs. It was outstanding! I don't know if the heat from the grill changes up the flavor but it is delicious. My kids love it and it really woke the chicken up. I am a staunch advocate now! I think it was less than $3 a bottle. Thanks for the heads up letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar

I went and picked some of this up just because of this thread several weeks ago . Popped the top off and tasted it. Nothing special, kind of flat mustard and a little vinegar tang so I put it back in the pantry. NOT IMPRESSED!!!

This last weekend I made the unpardonable mistake of running out of my favorite sauce and was stuck with this Mrs Griffins stuff so I used it on chicken legs and thighs. It was outstanding! I don't know if the heat from the grill changes up the flavor but it is delicious. My kids love it and it really woke the chicken up. I am a staunch advocate now! I think it was less than $3 a bottle. Thanks for the heads up letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar
Well I'll be the first to admit that it's thinner than I normally like. And you have to be a fan of the mustard / Carolina style sauce. It does seem to be better on chicken than pork. But I'll take it on either one.
I have been known to mix it with the darker thicker Kansas City style when I'm running low on it and have other sauce in the cabinet. The KC style thickens it up a little and the Mrs.G's cuts down on the sweet flavor of the KC style.

Old Clinton still there. Tucker's downtown. Satterfields on New Street. Fresh Air in N. Macon. All still here.
We lived in Gray for about 5 years and never once went to Old Clinton. My wife didn't like it. Hell she grew up out there and didn't want to go to OC. So to me that was a warning sign.

Ya add a six pac or two to that and i mean son .

Back
Top Bottom