• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

First real snow, this is a tree in my front yard backlit by the garage lights

20191023_223733.jpg

First real snow, this is a tree in my front yard backlit by the garage lights

View attachment 2333478

December 8 - 6:00 PM

It started snowing. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktail drinks and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. We love snow!

December 9

We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had! Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a little boy again. I cleared both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplough came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

more: https://www.funny-jokes.com/humor/christmas/funny_snow_shoveling.htm

How are the liberals and weed smoking hippies?

I was there last year. I paid cash for a hotel room and they charged me a large deposit. I asked why so much and he said it was because of the "tourist" coming there to smoke weed and then destroying rooms. I paid the deposit after a short discussion and he bumped me up to a suite on the top floor with mountain views. Nice people there.
Like most large cities, it depends on where you go as to what crowd you'll see. I saw some of the weed shops but all the places I visited had no sign of the smokers. Wing Over The Rockies is a world class museum. It's all in a HUGE hangar that's climate controlled. Loved it.

DSCN1399.JPG
DSCN1409.JPG

DSCN1413.JPG

I was there last year. I paid cash for a hotel room and they charged me a large deposit. I asked why so much and he said it was because of the "tourist" coming there to smoke weed and then destroying rooms. I paid the deposit after a short discussion and he bumped me up to a suite on the top floor with mountain views. Nice people there.
Like most large cities, it depends on where you go as to what crowd you'll see. I saw some of the weed shops but all the places I visited had no sign of the smokers. Wing Over The Rockies is a world class museum. It's all in a HUGE hangar that's climate controlled. Loved it.

View attachment 2333576 View attachment 2333577

View attachment 2333579

Hey TresMonos TresMonos do you have a room to rent out if I put this on my bucket list? :)

We've had a bunch already up in the mountains. Kids already skied A-basin and Keystone.
If you don't have one yet and need one, get a track driven blower. Work much better than wheeled.

Hey TresMonos TresMonos do you have a room to rent out if I put this on my bucket list? :)
C'mon out...I can't promise 4 AM drunk pancakes like @Nonliberal but I'll figure something out.

As for dealing with liberals and pot smoking hippies....the liberals are mostly tolerable and the hippies can't burn in public so they are at home and out of my face.

found a Craftsman dual stage self propelled track driven on Craigslist last night actually....

Coincidentally, I just picked up a new/used replacement for my 20 year old Craftsman last night. I was looking to drop some coin on a three stage and talked myself off the ledge. I just don't have that much to clear that quick even when I do half the neighborhood sidewalks. Year old Cub Cadet 24" 2 stage. (hell, they're all made by MDT and one other Mfr anyway).

Kinda bummed it ended up having the smaller engine by 50cc as opposed to what I thought it had, but it's WAY nicer than the 20 year old rig. Although it's been mostly good to me, still starts on first pull, the electric start motor is frozen up so the wife can't use it, and it needs a new carb as it only runs half choked. The drive wheel rubber/disc also needs to be replaced again. Think I'll keep it as a backup just in case the new one has any issues.

If I find it's too underpowered, I'll just flip it for what I paid and buy a new one with a bigger engine. I kinda like the way the chute direction handle works, and that the chute is plastic instead of metal so the snow sticks less IMO, and they don't all have the same setup.

Back
Top Bottom