• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official First Deer Thread

My friends grandson (9yo I think) connected on this Madison Co 5 pointer this morning, his first ever. He got the rifle for christmas last year (A Savage Axis in 243win) but didnt shoot it untill last weekend. He learned to shoot with his grandfathers rifles. When they shot the rifle to sight it in they noticed it had a horrible trigger (maxed out my 8 pound gauge and felt more like a staple gun than a rifle). It was a bit of a rush to get the rifle to me but I got it smoothed out and set on 4.5#. I got the rifle back to them friday. They hunted saturday with no luck. This morning it happened for the young man, his second day behind the trigger he made a great 70 yard shot and put one on the ground.
View attachment 575038
Tell him congratulations! That's a great looking deer.

Well is not a Deer but we saved a few deer's life's today. This is my youngest of three kids. Been real skeptical of hunting but jumped at the chance to go today. First animal harvested with her with me!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well is not a Deer but we saved a few deer's life's today. This is my youngest of three kids. Been real skeptical of hunting but jumped at the chance to go today. First animal harvested with her with me!

View attachment 581349

View attachment 581353
Having been busted multiple times by those rascals I can tell you they may be trickier to kill than a deer. Tell her thanks and congratulations! That looks like a big yote.

jeffdt jeffdt I understand you may know the gentleman (term used loosely in his case) in the pic below. Unfortunately he can't remember his ODT handle so can you tell him I ran across the pic of the baby deer he killed at my place back in November and decided to post it since it was his first? Also be sure and congratulate him.....it takes some talent to hit something that small.

_20160226_090459.JPG

jeffdt jeffdt I understand you may know the gentleman (term used loosely in his case) in the pic below. Unfortunately he can't remember his ODT handle so can you tell him I ran across the pic of the baby deer he killed at my place back in November and decided to post it since it was his first? Also be sure and congratulate him.....it takes some talent to hit something that small.

View attachment 691127

Yes, Yes Vincent Vega. He shall remain un-named, He did catch hell from me, my disgust was well evident!

Back
Top Bottom