• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official First Deer Thread

WarrenT, you are killing deer, on the stalk, with a crossbow....with a newborn baby on your back? Geeeez. I suddenly feel, incompetent.

WarrenT, you are killing deer, on the stalk, with a crossbow....with a newborn baby on your back? Geeeez. I suddenly feel, incompetent.

I guess when Mama says "No hunting for you because you gotta watch the baby." Man goes into thinking mode.
My luck the baby would develop a sour belly and cry every five seconds .

trey 2015 003.JPG
We had three does and two unknowns see/scent us on Monday evening. Tuesday we were back out there and this fella came from the same area. Trey made a great quartering away shot with his .243 and dropped him where he stood. This six pointer was his 1st BUCK!:first: Can't tell him NOTHIN' NOW! He's got one up on his old man!:rain:

View attachment 567833 We had three does and two unknowns see/scent us on Monday evening. Tuesday we were back out there and this fella came from the same area. Trey made a great quartering away shot with his .243 and dropped him where he stood. This six pointer was his 1st BUCK!:first: Can't tell him NOTHIN' NOW! He's got one up on his old man!:rain:
Attaboy. Congrats and great work Trey (and Dad)!

Back
Top Bottom