• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official ODT Bourbon

22E124B4-4BD1-4859-96A9-A3FD077A5299.jpeg

I have a bottle of Eagle Rare in the cupboard now. Going to enjoy some this weekend when my buddy comes down for a visit. The single barrel Henry McKenna was not good.

I have a bottle of Eagle Rare in the cupboard now. Going to enjoy some this weekend when my buddy comes down for a visit. The single barrel Henry McKenna was not good.
The Henery McKenna bottle in bond is one of the best botles you can get under $50. Some people just do not like 100 proof plus whisky. The key to higher proof is to add water until you get it to your sweet spot. All whiskey comes off the still over 120 proof. They make 80, 90, 100 proof by adding water.

Reactions: JWC
You forgot Flipper Reserve aka Pappy van Winkle. Retail price $250, neckbeard price $2600.
I drink Wild Turkey 101 but did pick up a bottle of Wellers Green bottle last year and all they had was the large bottle, per a suggestion, just have not got around to trying it..I am still on the hunt for the Pappy's and may pick up a bottle of Eagle Rare..Well done JWC JWC

Reactions: JWC
The Henery McKenna bottle in bond is one of the best botles you can get under $50. Some people just do not like 100 proof plus whisky. The key to higher proof is to add water until you get it to your sweet spot. All whiskey comes off the still over 120 proof. They make 80, 90, 100 proof by adding water.
Yep. I tried that. Just a little bitter tasting to me. I really like the normal Henry. This stuff just wasn't as smooth as I like. Same thing with Angels Envy.

Back
Top Bottom