• Get my money skanky Ho!

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Keep it for birth control.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • This is not taco bell

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/how-to-tip-no-guessing-gratuity

Pretty good article and my favorite quote below from Mr. Ramsey. Both my sons were servers through college so I guess I'm partial to helping them out as I heard all the no tip cheapskate church lady stories.

"When in doubt about whether or not to leave a tip, always err on the side of generosity. Remember, your tip says more about you than the person you’re leaving a tip for."

Stop in at local wendy's for a snack, order comes to $2.04
I give the white trash lady $2.05
You can see on her face when she decides to keep my penny and give me only the receipt.

It's just a penny, but my point is who is she to decide if i want my money or not.
For me i was changing the world today, one misguided wannabee at a time.. She had to go get the manager to open up the register and get my penny back.
What say you ODT?

You should have gone to Chick-fil-A.

Nobody can pay the bills for $2.13/HR, that is why they get tips. Quality service deserves a better tip than 12%. I too have worked hard to get to where I am comfortable with my wife and young daughterwoth plans to add another mouth to feed in the near future. Putting myself through school while working in/managing restaurants also is not easy but I did it. All of that aside you working hard your whole life doesn't mean tipping is giving money away for free. You pay the restaurant and chef for the food and you pay the server for taking care of you by tipping them, last I checked they don't just sit at the front door and expect a tip on your way out...that would be giving money away for nothing.

Some might as well with the lameass crappy service they provide. A tip is a reward for doing extra, over and beyond, it ain't to pad your paycheck.

I tip 18 or 20 percent for good service, 10% for average, but anything less than that I only leave a nickel and a couple of pennies just so they know that I've been thinking about them.

Some folks just ain't cut out to be waitstaff. They should bust tables and wash dishes.

suppose it all matters on the job, if shes at a cash register thats one thing and i would expect it back. bbbbbuuuuutttttttt i have been on the other side kinda. Did food delivery all through college to pay bills and have it happen on more then one occasion where i took the food somewhere and the tab would be say 19.78 and then they hand me a twenty and as i was walking away then said they wanted the change. Told one lady i wasnt a register and she could take her ass back inside and count out the 78 cents if she wanted her change back that bad (thankfully i had an AWESOME boss at the time who would actually let you tell customers to go pound sand if they deserved it). i never gave back any coins during that job, if you wanted to stiff me and pay the exact amount then your ass had better of had the exact amount.

If you offer my change I will tell you to keep it and then give you a tip. If you don't offer my change I will ask for it back. In your scenario you would have been leaving with your food and if you talked to me the way you say you did you would be leaving with your food planted firmly in your rectum.

If you offer my change I will tell you to keep it and then give you a tip. If you don't offer my change I will ask for it back. In your scenario you would have been leaving with your food and if you talked to me the way you say you did you would be leaving with your food planted firmly in your rectum.

i would always offer normally but delivery drivers rarely carry coins so if it came down to coins at that point i knew i was already being stiffed so i could careless if they didnt like me lol and i had more than a few get pretty heated but i just laughed that off as i would just drive away no biggy, i actually had one person call screaming to my boss that i wouldnt give her back something like .32 in change to which my boss told her that was tip and delivery wasnt free lol (god i loved that woman). also strange how 99% of the folks that asked for the coins back fit the exact same description every time, very large ethic women. . . the scourge of delivery drivers lol.

Back
Top Bottom