• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Price of AKs

Sitting on a gold mine that I absolutely refuse to part with so really Im not sitting on anything. On the other hand I dont think Ill ever have enough so the current market is making it very painful to indulge.

Same here. I bought another $140 magazine today and I'm waiting on my $1K bill for my Saiga I'm having work done to. I thought one day I'd get another Yugo M70AB2 underfolder but I think that ship has sailed. Chinese collectibles have gone up some but AKs for the common folk have doubled or tripled. I'm just thankful to have what I have.

I remember the $300 AKs, I just wasn't old enough to buy them back then. And the gunshows were KICKING back then too. Good times!

On another note, I went to the flea market today and the number of ammo flippers has doubled palmettomoon palmettomoon

I overheard one "dealer" saying how the ATF keeps dropping by his table to check all the boxes of ammo to make sure he isn't selling any illegal ammo. Hmmmm mmmn, suuuuuuuuurrreeee

Gone are the days of minty ccondition serial number 17 mak90s with type 56 furniture for $1000.... Hard to believe that was less than a year ago.

I bought my 1st AK during the Clinton ban at a gun show for $300.
When Kengs Firearms opened up, AK's were $125 new in Box, SKS's $29 new in Box. I still have a 1400rd Case of Steel Core Chinese 7.62X39 I paid $19.00 for.. Who would ever thought back then :doh:

Back in the good old days tables at the gun Shows had stacks of NHM90s and Mak90s for $179. Didn't like the feel of the butthole stock on the Mak, so I got the NHM.

Home brewed Bubba built AR's are selling for Colt Python money. It was just a matter of time before the AK's kept pace.
Yep, people are allowed to ask what ever they want. The main thing is if there SELLING, I have seen guns on here reposted easily over 50+ times you know what NO BUYERS lol. Figured they will come down on price but no.

Back
Top Bottom