• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The story of the sigma..

sparked I may have the local wrong, but I believe it said it was based in.smyrna. Glock Inc was also giving glock shirts to the gold club dancers and asked them to wear em. Glock received billions of.dollars worth of free.advertising due to controversy though. Been a really cool book to read.

Glock took the LE market for one reason...

PRICE.

They were whoring out their guns to departments for next to nothing, while being the good stewards of help, "offered" to buy all the departments old weapons and sell them at ridiculously low prices. Thereby, giving their competitors weapons a sense of cheapness, while claiming they were the "anointed" LE pistol of the future. They were the first to market with a 40, though, which still baffles me... Just look at the 45 GAP. That was an epic failure, and all the freebies they threw at departments couldn't help.

And then, they had the stones to cry foul when Smith did the same thing with the M&P...

Hell of a gun, though.

Even better PR department

:)

Glock took the LE market for one reason...

PRICE.

They were whoring out their guns to departments for next to nothing, while being the good stewards of help, "offered" to buy all the departments old weapons and sell them at ridiculously low prices. Thereby, giving their competitors weapons a sense of cheapness, while claiming they were the "anointed" LE pistol of the future. They were the first to market with a 40, though, which still baffles me... Just look at the 45 GAP. That was an epic failure, and all the freebies they threw at departments couldn't help.

And then, they had the stones to cry foul when Smith did the same thing with the M&P...

Hell of a gun, though.

Even better PR department

:)
Originally Glocks were going to be priced low, but Karl walther advised against it saying people would think they were junk guns, and told him to price high. So, they could afford to give departments huge discounts, and when an agency couldn't.afford their pistols, they'd take the smiths in trade, and sell them to cover costs. On top of that, glock brought the training to the agencies, instead of forcing them to come to smyrna. Between that, their Hollywood connections, and government controversy over plastic pistols, Glock had exploded with fame. Karl walthee told Glock They'd have to sell 8500 pistols their first year to break even, Glock took in over 20k orders in one distributed show.

That's interesting stuff! I had a sigma once. One of my first pistols. I sold it for a raffle event because I was at a range in Chattanooga, Tn and the owner was telling me how horrible they were.

Now I wish I'd held onto it. I was young and ignorant. Now I'm just ignorant. (On some things :))

benjaminhunteraustin.files.wordpress.com_2012_03_spiderman_mem07dacabf8454845554990ce6e72f87df.jpg

Back
Top Bottom