• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"The talk"....

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
My son just turned 11. In biology they are studying... well biology, and he's starting to put two and two together and apparently was asking his mother some VERY direct questions the other night. She put him off and came running to me in a panic! ;) I never had "the talk" from my parents and I'm pretty sure at his age I had some REAL incorrect ideas about the birds and the bees but seemed to get it figured out in due course. To be honest, I never really thought about having to have a talk with him one day but have always answered whatever questions he's had regardless of topic directly and honestly. That's still the plan for the this but just curious what others have been through. Funny stories also appreciated. :cool:

All right parents....
1) Did you have "the talk" with your kids?
2) At what age were they?
3) Did YOU ever get "the talk" from YOUR parents.

my dad had the talk with me

this is how it broke down

d-"ok son, its time we had the talk. so what are you now, 12, 13?"

me-"im 15"

d-"well this makes this a whole lot easier then. so you get the mechanics of the birds, and the bees, and the vaginas and what not?"

m-"i guess so"

d-"well im glad we had this talk then"

*gets up to leave the room*

d-"ohhh and dont forget to strap your junk, or else you end up with you and your two older brothers."

me-"huh, what do you mean?"

d-"you 3 were accidents....love ya!"

i think he did it right :)

i dont have kids but i figure the thing to do is just see if they have questions and know that you put your confidence in them to do the right thing

My parents had the take with me when I was about 4 or 5 and since I was so young I'd forget most of it. My old man would take me to the public library and sit me down and read about it in books all I remember is the pictures of the cells haha. so they had to keep explaining it to me it was till about the 4th grade (10 years old) to where I had a real understanding of what Mommy and Daddy "did" to make me and then I had a formal school outting in the 5th grade to a sex ed center and that was some I will never forget :shocked: <---exact look on my face. I don't have kids since I'm 22 but good luck with that one man. I'm not looking forward to it myself haha

Had the talk with my boys in small chunks from 11-13 years old, giving a little more detail each time. At first they were more uncomfortable than i was....but it became more natural over time. Actually made them feel more comfortable asking questions about other things too as they got older. My dad never had the talk with me.....

Maybe my parents told me wrong but I'm still trying to figure out how a bird gets it on with a bee without getting stung or the bee exploding.

My daddy was country as they come. When he told me about the birds and the bees, I guess I was about 13 or so, He said and I quote, "Boy, let me tell you about the birds and the bees. Bees will sting you and birds will shet on you, so stay the hell away from both of them." Then he told me to always wear protection if I was to get in a girls britches. Yes, I smiled when he told me.

That is exactly what my grandpa told my daddy, exactly what my daddy told me and that is exactly what I told my son at age 14 and he also smiled when I told him. A family tradition, I guess.

Last edited:
my parents divorced when I was 2. luckily my father had a vesectomy when i was about 3. it migh probably be the best decision he made in his whole life. well, mabye 2nd to dropping the seed in my mother. Anyway, my mom gave me the talk when i was about 13, pretty weird to be honest. I pretty much knew the gist of it by then. Still awkward as hell

Back
Top Bottom