• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"The talk"....

Had the talk with my boys in small chunks from 11-13 years old, giving a little more detail each time. At first they were more uncomfortable than i was....but it became more natural over time. Actually made them feel more comfortable asking questions about other things too as they got older.

This is really good. Think of it as an ongoing conversation. Practice with your spouse. Get used to saying penis, vagina, erection, masturbation, etc... It's awkward, but has to be done. For others, I'd advise beginning even sooner. Use the right names for "parts." Make sure you focus on the "bigger picture," what you believe about sexuality, etc... You want to create an environment where you can talk about anything. Yes, anything. If you do, it will help your relationship in almost every way.

My daughter is 5 and has learned where babies come from. With her younger sister once she was conceived we told her it was her baby so she would feel more part of the babies life than left out so she was their for every doctors appointment every sonogram and the entire delivery which my wife did natural Chloe handled it awesome... Really loves her sister more than anything

I had the "talk" with my kid two years ago, he was 11. Didn't plan on it at that time but he was getting a lot of misinformation at school from his buddies. I don't know who felt more uneasy, me or him. Either way, when it was all said and done, he went to his older sister and said, "I know how and where babies come from, and it's gross!" My wife and I laughed like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom