• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

there are some LEO bashers on here but I aint one of 'em

SCOTUS did rule DUI checkpoints to be constitutional back in the early 90's.
Check that's what I said. "to date. We can only hope that changes", but many states have ruled them unconstitutional and made that part of their constitutions. That's a good thing IMO. When times get hard, that decision by the fed to allow them, will come back on us big time.

Last edited:
Check that's what I said. "to date. We can only hope that changes", but many states have ruled them unconstitutional and made that part of their constitutions. That's a good thing IMO. When times get hard, that decision, by the fed, to allow them will come back on us big time.
Yep I read you wrong. I thought you were implying that SCOTUS hasn't ruled against the constitution. My bad.

I thought that they believed it to violate a person's 4th, but that, in the name of public safety, it was OK to do so. So they let the States decide how to handle it, within a few boundaries. I may be wrong.
yep basically. but by letting the states decide that means it doesn't violate your 4th, which is complete BS.

SCOTUS did rule DUI checkpoints to be constitutional back in the early 90's.
It still doesn't make it right...it may make it legal. I for one have no prob with DUI checkpoints, I do have a problem with using that as an excuse to look up ones "tailpipe" for little to no probable cause. And IMO...." I smell marijuana" is not justifiable. Again, all this is just an opinion.

It still doesn't make it right...it may make it legal. I for one have no prob with DUI checkpoints, I do have a problem with using that as an excuse to look up ones "tailpipe" for little to no probable cause. And IMO...." I smell marijuana" is not justifiable. Again, all this is just an opinion.
What? you don't think it's right for men with guns to force you to stop and comply for no reason other than the fact that you're traveling on a public road.

So why do people do this to prove what? You can walk around with a gun? Or to get people to call the police and be questioned? There are bigger battles to fight for our gun rights than this. Kind of silly if you ask me but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom