• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

there are some LEO bashers on here but I aint one of 'em

lol, this site is full of LEO bashers. If you dont drink and drive, why are you so worried about DUI checkpoints? I guess that all the lives they could possibly save every year arent worth inconveniencing you for 2 or 3 minutes?????? You guys make me laugh!!!

You should do some research and get a basic understanding of RIGHTS. Look at the statistics, there are very few instances of actually convicting anyone of DUI at a checkpoint. And though I think it is foolish to drink and drive, what crime is committed?

NO VICTIM = NO CRIME

Have you ever gotten a DUI?

Nope. I don't drink and drive. We were in a car totaled hit head on one time by a drunk driver when I was a kid.

But what does that matter if I have or not? I as a citizen should NOT have to stop for a DUI check point, license, insurance checkpoint or whatever.

If I'm speeding pull me over. If I'm weaving pull me over. I am 43 and have not had a ticket since I was 18. It was speeding, like 65 in a 45 or something. Speed trap, behind trees 60 yards off the road in a corn field on access part for tractors. Sunday morning 7:30 am on my way to a comic convention in Cleveland. I was in my 1968 Buick Special 350 powerglide just cruising. Cop was a total dick too. Ohio State Trooper of the Year that year too I found out.

lol, this site is full of LEO bashers. If you dont drink and drive, why are you so worried about DUI checkpoints? I guess that all the lives they could possibly save every year arent worth inconveniencing you for 2 or 3 minutes?????? You guys make me laugh!!!

Maybe I'm in a hurry? Why should I give up my COnstitutional right on a "hunch" that SOMETIME today, SOMEONE is bound to come through here driving perfectly fine with alcohol on their breath- MEANWHILE, across the county, on a normally patrolled street,a Guy 14 beers in runs his new Camaro over the divider on the highway and kills someone....

It's a waste of manpower, and an inconvenience. I see some sap swerving, I call his plates in, don't you? That's the logical way to deal with drunk driving. Easier to sit there funneling people to you and write tickets for lamps, registrations, cracked windshields, and inspection stickers than patrol around fighting crime.

There aren't any LEO bashers on the ODT. There are those who know and acknowledge the truth, and those who don't or won't.

My truth: All my ODT interactions with current and former LE have been very positive. In almost 99% of my encounters with LE outside of ODT, they were at least respectful. Okay sure I was unhappy (Who here likes to get speeding tickets?), probably didn't think I deserved to be singled out from the herd, but there was at least respect from both sides. That's all I can say.

Fbod that is entirely incorrect. There are many drunk drivers caught at sobriety checks. The purpose of them is not to write tickets, especially for equipment violations. You are assuming you know what you are talking about and you do not.

You are one of those people that worry me. The greater good...............The many over the few................If it saves one life........................Why not submit..................If you have nothing to hid...........Papers please..........As long as they make it home safe at night..................You sir do NOT make me laugh, you make me sad for my kid's future. Why? because you think that type of behavior is acceptable.

EDIT - Cooley is probably for running gun serial numbers without probable cause too. LEO sees one on the seat during a speeding ticket stop and LEO takes said gun and runs the numbers. it only takes 2 minutes, what do you have to hide?

Last edited:
Nope. I don't drink and drive. We were in a car totaled hit head on one time by a drunk driver when I was a kid.

But what does that matter if I have or not? I as a citizen should NOT have to stop for a DUI check point, license, insurance checkpoint or whatever.

If I'm speeding pull me over. If I'm weaving pull me over. I am 43 and have not had a ticket since I was 18. It was speeding, like 65 in a 45 or something. Speed trap, behind trees 60 yards off the road in a corn field on access part for tractors. Sunday morning 7:30 am on my way to a comic convention in Cleveland. I was in my 1968 Buick Special 350 powerglide just cruising. Cop was a total dick too. Ohio State Trooper of the Year that year too I found out.

I understand. Those things just don't bother me as it is the law to have your drivers license, proof of insurance, or not be under the influence when operating a vehicle but I honestly could not tell you the last time I was stopped for any of that.

Back
Top Bottom