• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

These Lowe’s Employees Do What The VA Won’t

The new VA Clinic in Carrollton, told me this morning, they're going to schedule me for surgery at the Atlanta VA to replace the knee cap and metal pin of my right leg which was shot out by a 7.62x39 (Oooo, my favorite round) in 68 and they gave me New cane to replace the worn out cane they gave me 20 years ago which they gave me until my knee was rebuilt..

I hope all goes well in your surgery bro. The VA here has a pretty good record as far as successful surgeries go.

I hope all goes well in your surgery bro. The VA here has a pretty good record as far as successful surgeries go.

Thanks, me too, would be nice to walk without a limp and throw that cane away, makes me look like an old codger, I just hope I'm not on the death list, want to hang around a few more years and buy/sell/trade a few more weapons on here:cool:

Last edited:
Good for the Lowe's employees helping that disabled veteran. It's good to see people helping veterans in their time of need and the least we can do for them for serving our country. The VA is an absolute joke and need a drastic overhaul, our disabled veteran deserve better healthcare than that.

I have a good friend who works for the VA and he says there is currently a shake-up going down. He says morale is pretty low since all the media attention emerged. The employees, naturally, all blame upper management for ineptness. Surprise, surprise.

great story although I'm saddened that it had to happen in the first place. The VA my Dad goes to in NC has had very long wait times in the past, seem to be alright now (so far as i know)

*Follow up*
http://www.11alive.com/story/life/2...hair-after-lowes-employees-help-him/12765073/

"The story then caught fire on the Internet after he wrote a letter to a local paper. Days later, Sulsona opened his door to discover that the VA finally had delivered a new wheelchair. The VA did not immediately respond to requests from TODAY.com for comment. Buzzfeed cited a spokesman for the New York Veterans' Association as confirming that the VA had delivered Sulsona a new wheelchair and would service it. Sulsona, who blames "red tape" for his two-year wait, says he doesn't know if his story prompted the swift delivery.

"This isn't about bashing the VA," he told TODAY.com. "They're full of wonderful people but are overloaded because we fought too many wars and can't afford to take care of all the guys when they come back."

Back
Top Bottom