Things are not looking good for wait times....

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that cashed to pending is taking 6 weeks. (one of mine took 1 week, the other 2 weeks)

So I looked on www.NFAtracker.com and it seems to confirm that cashed to pending is 5-6 weeks......

I think the hysteria flood buying is about to show its ugly face.

I just read this on SilencerTalk, but lets hope he's wrong and 7.5 months is not the new norm.
Had a chat with the ATF yesterday. They are now taking 6 weeks to go from cashed check to pending. Your application isn't even entered into the system (as in they won't recognize your serial number) until after the 6 week mark. Once it's in the system you have 6 months to approval. Total time? 7 and a half months.

One of my checks still isn't even cashed. That and I got another lower I'm thinking about sbr'ing. Stupid NFA crap rules

While we are trying to change all these gun laws we should be trying to change the NFA laws. They are beyond outdated anyways.

Sorry fell asleep there for a sec and must have been dreaming and typing again.

Great.... of course, I'm trying not to think about it. One of these days I want a surprise phone call from Jake... (don't read this and prank call me on Monday Jake.)

Current gun control debate and federal income tax coming home, its a nice mixture for a hurricane! My saker went cash beginning of feb and it just went into pending on march 11.

Only so much water can go through a fixed diameter pipe...
It takes them almost 3 weeks just to put a form 3 into the system for me right now.

It's a growing segment of the industry and until the ATF responds with more resources, times will continue to increase. Luckily they seem to recognize this and are adding examiners.

Back
Top Bottom