• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking of starting to reload

chugapug

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
Last edited:
I had an old press given to me and wanted to start reloading myself. I don't have a clue as to how to begin. I want to do 9, 40, 38, 44mag and 223

I had an old press given to me and wanted to start reloading myself. I don't have a clue as to how to begin. I want to do 9, 40, 38, 44mag and 223

What do you need help with? Start with getting a reloading manual like Hornady or Lyman's. Also check out the book ABCs of reloading.

To get started and do it right you will spend close to a grand on equipment. Save the money and buy more ammo if you are just trying to save money..

If you are looking to make it a hobby then spend the cash and get started. It can be a rewarding hobby.

Reloading is a great hobby and very rewarding, but with the way component prices are now is really not the time to get started unless you are just doing it strictly to learn how. My advice for a new reloader is start with a good reloading book, buy a decent press, pick one or toe caliber and get started. The package kits are ok but you won't use half the stuff after you get started. I would recommend for someone starting out. RCBS Rockchucker, a good scale, calipers, headSpace gauges , powder funnel , hand primer, trimmer, chamfer and debur tool, your dies and a lot of patience.

Also look at harbor freight for some calibers, don't buy the digital ones. I know some people will give me a hard time, but trust me these are just as accurate as the others out there.

Back
Top Bottom