• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking that I am Experiment with deer lure / food

I placed another feeder Saturday, Game Winner 325 cube. Feeding corn now 2x a day 5 seconds each. Plan to feed buck muscle spring and summer we shall see.

The peanut butter idea came from placing a Rack One peanut butter 5 lb bar , it lasted a few days.

been doing it since the 80's.My son would sit in his ladder with no weapon and watch em feed on the pnut butter,calmed him down a lot when he did start hunting. another trick was corn meal,and corn oil.

been doing it since the 80's.My son would sit in his ladder with no weapon and watch em feed on the pnut butter,calmed him down a lot when he did start hunting. another trick was corn meal,and corn oil.
Anybody ever try the diesel fuel trick? You put a little diesel fuel around your feeders and feed plots in the summer. The deer will associate the smell of diesel fuel with food. Then on opening day put a couple of drops of diesel fuel on your boots. An old-timer I know swears by this and he said they'll follow you right to your stand. No baiting needed. It makes sense because in agricultural areas diesel fuel would signal our Harvest and I know when they smell it that the fields will be fresh cut and there would be something to eat.

Anybody ever try the diesel fuel trick? You put a little diesel fuel around your feeders and feed plots in the summer. The deer will associate the smell of diesel fuel with food. Then on opening day put a couple of drops of diesel fuel on your boots. An old-timer I know swears by this and he said they'll follow you right to your stand. No baiting needed. It makes sense because in agricultural areas diesel fuel would signal our Harvest and I know when they smell it that the fields will be fresh cut and there would be something to eat.
K

I see and hear from any that you can screw a jar of peanut butter lid side to a stump or tree and cut bottom out.

I am thinking I may mix peanut butter, corn meal and corn into a thick spread and try that.

I hear molasses helps.

For no one who wants to protest that this is baiting etc, I dont plan to hunt over just place camera.

I just tested pure molasses at 3 different feeders. Nothing touched it.

Find a persimmon tree. They drop fruit after the first frost. Deer will stop by daily for a snack.

There is also a local pear tree that does this, from a distance it looks like a persimmon tree full of fruit.

OK all I mixed 1.5 pounds of peanut butter with old fashioned oatmeal for filler.
Made a ball, laid it in front of the camera.
Lots of does eating it, coons finished it off.

Deer do like it but so does everything else.

OK all I mixed 1.5 pounds of peanut butter with old fashioned oatmeal for filler.
Made a ball, laid it in front of the camera.
Lots of does eating it, coons finished it off.

Deer do like it but so does everything else.

Find something you can put on the ground that deer like but coons won’t eat and you’ll make millions :lol:

Back
Top Bottom