• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This can't be Right

the more guns that find their way to mexico... the more people get shot up in mexico.

the more people that get shot up in mexico... the less people that can skiptaladooday across the border.

All the while... US businesses are making money

I dont see a problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

$889 DPMS huh?

yup... no walmart in TX apparently

The person buying the weapons in the US and transporting them across the border TO MEXICO is the only illegal thing about this scenario that I see. Anti's and their propaganda B/S. Fuggem is what I say.

Well first you have to buy into the propaganda that at least 70% of the guns (all?) are coming from the U.S.A. anyone spending any money here? The public is told that. Now look closely, 70% of the guns "submitted" to the U.S.A. were from the U.S.A. Ok was that all the guns confiscated or just those selected by the Mexican government?

The cold hard reality is the drug cartels are better funded than the corrupt Mexican government due to money. They carry "full auto" rifles/pistols that are no longer manufactured here for civilian use. They also have access to grenades, mines, mortars, RPG's and even attack helicopters, yes attack helicopters (of Russian design I think if memory serves me). The Christians without borders working in the area spreading the good word were let's say, surprised as well. That bird didn't last very long though and doubtful they have one or at least dumb enough to send it out in airspace on mission if there is a threat of losing it.

Clearly the only logical answer, the one that a couple of states have realized currently, the one once before realized with acceptance of the18th amendment, then repealed with the 21st amendment is to allow the citizens the legal right of choice. It is to legalize the trade on drugs then regulate and tax it in a fashion to alcohol the legalized recreational drug. Yes it is a drug as well.

Never underestimate the free will of the people even if it's for something you don't approve. Banning and declaring something illegal that supports a loyal following has typically come to no good for society.

The repeal of the 18th amendment was set into play during the Depression. They emphasized that a repeal would generate enormous sums of much needed tax revenue and weaken the base of organized crime. Yes and no to a degree, the taxes did help from the states that allowed it. There were a few Southern holdouts-dry counties and some remain so today. The criminal element shifted assets into gambling, prostitution and labor unions but repeal did significantly reduce their working capital (money=power).

Want to make a significant reduction of "gun crimes" both here and beyond our borders. Then legalize drugs, regulate it and tax it. Let the people make their choices either good or bad. Thinking we can force our own opinions, no matter how well intended on free citizens is an exercise in failure.

There will always be the hoplophobes (irrational aversion to weapons) and they will never stop distorting or tweaking the truth to serve their agenda. Perhaps counseling and medication if required may help but very unlikely they would accept any treatment. What America wants, what America needs is crime control. We have made great strides and our own FBI crime stats reflect that for past 10 years but "common sense" crime laws are in order if we as a nation can accept them and the free will of our fellow citizens despite our own differences.

"Sometimes it is not enough that we do our best; we must do what is required." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Last edited:
The fact that anyone believes that someone can walk into a gun store and buy 15-20 guns per transaction, routinely, and not raise any red flags is absolutely asinine. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom