• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is ****ing fantastic!

It looks like there will still be significant push to eliminate private sales and magazine capacity.

For all of you that are NRA naysayers, you may want to re-consider your positions. This was a direct result of hard hitting NRA influence. The tone for this ban has been taken down several notches.

Now to strike the rest of the proposal.

It looks like there will still be significant push to eliminate private sales and magazine capacity.

For all of you that are NRA naysayers, you may want to re-consider your positions. This was a direct result of hard hitting NRA influence. The tone for this ban has been taken down several notches.

Now to strike the rest of the proposal.

Good article. The NYT has had rabid gun control op/ed since the shooting. My brother in law has been sending it all my way and then I send him back facts refuting most of what is printed. He's actually come around quite a bit and now admits that the other side is playing to everyone's emotions heavily. He is very liberal but he's also a Harvard MBA who likes data - so I've helped him find it.

I appreciate your comments on the NRA, too. I have never been a member but am joining today because I've seen their power/presence this week (in this meeting and the little nugget they buried in the Obamacare bill).

Thanks for sharing.

What's gonna happen is the republicans are gonna cave and give obongo whatever he wants Same as they been doing for the last four years.....
You must be living in an alternate universe. Thanks for the pessimism in an otherwise very optimistic article.

After reading the article, I feel like the frog in the boiling water. Can't throw him in while the water is hot, he will just jump right out, but put him in while the water is cool, and turn the heat up slowly, he will eventually get boiled.

So they don't think they can get a full ban, so they go after smaller objectives, like the so called gun show loophole, and ammo or 30 round mags. We will capitulate, give in because "we have to do something." Before long, they will come after the guns, or make it extremely expensive to own them with taxes and regulations. Or tie it to something like unemployment or disability checks, or mortgage approvals, or tax refunds. They take our freedoms away not all at once, but a little bit at a time.

So, is the water getting warm for you yet?

After reading the article, I feel like the frog in the boiling water. Can't throw him in while the water is hot, he will just jump right out, but put him in while the water is cool, and turn the heat up slowly, he will eventually get boiled.

So they don't think they can get a full ban, so they go after smaller objectives, like the so called gun show loophole, and ammo or 30 round mags. We will capitulate, give in because "we have to do something." Before long, they will come after the guns, or make it extremely expensive to own them with taxes and regulations. Or tie it to something like unemployment or disability checks, or mortgage approvals, or tax refunds. They take our freedoms away not all at once, but a little bit at a time.

So, is the water getting warm for you yet?

I disagree. The tenor of the argument has changed dramatically in two days time. There is still work to be done to eliminate the remaining provisions, but that's not a reason to suggest that pro rights groups are caving. This defense of the second amendment will have to be perpetual, and at times maintaining ground will be incremental.

My water isn't hot, and it's in a glass that's half full and filling.

I still dont see how someone purchasing large amounts of ammo via online or instore retail.........which is totally trackable now will make a difference.

ok so we will just buy small amounts in seperate transactions and ask them to ship in the same box.......thier thinking is skewed.
and for mags? you can load off stripper clips in the same amount of time as a mag or better...........they just feel compelled to make thier mark, well they have, "bad show ole chap"

and yes its changed drastically in terms of tone............its going to be impossible without cheating and backdealing to get anything serious passed thats a serious offense to the 2A. Btw I still hold disdain for Teddy R, FDR, woodrow, and reagan for what theyve contributed to the erosion of this country........hope in the coming years we can rewrite some history books with real facts.

Last edited:
Did you read this comment,LMAO ,Texas should hang this twit.
Remember now if you have to pull a gun? Just get you Bruce Lee on instead and you should be safe.:doh:

• Danny Perrot
  • Houston

With all the problems we are having with guns the government may have to ban all guns and tell citizens to learn Karate or other defensive methods. But Joe Biden is on the money. I support the administration new approach on gun control because the new controls will create a safer society.

Back
Top Bottom