• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THIS IS SOME BULL ****

There is no ranting. I'm simply telling you that you are wrong because you are. It's reasonable fear for your life - that is the issue. Based on what I know from this case, I believe he had it. And based on the bolded part of your quote below, if you read the details of this case as posted, you should too.

1. He was beaten and knocked down from behind in a mob of fighting people so it's reasonable to believe he had no idea how many people were beating him.
  2. The guy that beat him down admitted in open court that he was looking to seriously injure someone so it's reasonable to believe that he was beating the guy with an overwhelming amount of force which would lead him in fear for his life.
  3. He fired until the threat was stopped - no more.
Case closed. But he was charged and convicted in a VERY LIBERAL city.
OK, I just hope if it happens to you or anyone else around here they are not in a "liberal city" when it does.

BTW, I've spoken to one of the prosecutors I know, who is pro 2A, and she said based on the information available about the case she would have also prosecuted him. You will probably now claim she is also a liberal, she's not. But she is responsible for upholding the law as it is written. Apparently, cracking rounds off in a crowd without reasonable evidence of disparity of force is frowned upon.

Like I said, believe what you want to believe. I just hope it doesn't cost you big time one day. 25 years in a state penitentiary would really suck.

Last edited:
OK, I just hope if it happens to you or anyone else around here they are not in a "liberal city" when it does.

BTW, I've spoken to one of the prosecutors I know, who is pro 2A, and she said based on the information available about the case she would have also prosecuted him. You will probably now claim she is also a liberal, she's not. But she is responsible for upholding the law as it is written. Apparently, cracking rounds off in a crowd without reasonable evidence of disparity of force is frowned upon.

No. Based on how you have interpreted the story, it doesn't surprise me that anyone would agree with you because of how you would "tell" the story.

You seem to think he was just thrown to the ground and then started firing off shots. If that were the case, he would be guilty. But based on the info provide so far, that is clearly not what happened - which is why he never should've been prosecuted in the first place.

No. Based on how you have interpreted the story, it doesn't surprise me that anyone would agree with you because of how you would "tell" the story.

You seem to think he was just thrown to the ground and then started firing off shots. If that were the case, he would be guilty. But based on the info provide so far, that is clearly not what happened - which is why he never should've been prosecuted in the first place.
I didn't tell her the story, I asked her if she had heard about it and she was already aware. I asked what she thought of it and, without asking any further questions, five minutes later I had a complete answer. She knows I never express my opinion about any issue I ask for her legal opinion about specifically because I don't want to bias her answer.....as if I could. LOL!

She effects my opinion, not the other way around.

Or you could pull out your cap gun on somebody, they pull out a real gun, and you could be really dead because this took away the precious milliseconds you needed to draw your real gun. You don't draw a gun unless you intend to use it, you don't intend to use it unless it is absolutely necessary. While I'm sure this guy doesn't like being imprisoned improperly (though I myself still need more facts to base an opinion one way or another, there has to be more to the story) I'm sure he rather be imprisoned than dead

Also, you can still be charged with a crime by pulling out a blank gun.. hell people go to jail over pointing squirt guns in the wrong direction now

I am not saying it would be used every time. Only in a mob situation IF you see it coming. And I would not let them see it. Attacking mobs are generally made up of cowards that do not expect resistance.

Imagine going to jail after shooting an unarmed teenager. How long do you think you would last? How long do you think Zimmerman would have lasted?

http://famm.org/michael-giles/

This gentleman defended himself with a pistol and is sentenced to 25 years. The facts are not in dispute but Florida law mandates it.

The key here is that the jury convicted him.

Parts of florida are extremely liberal. Infected by the same commie-ass scum who corrupt NJ and NY.

Shame.

-And did I mention "**** Florida?"

This is all a bunch of bs. I'm in my 30s, I'm not fighting anyone. I'm shooting. If you have chosen to attack me you have also chosen the consequences of your actions.
All this " as the law is written" I thought stand your ground meant stand your damn ground. If you feel threatened and have had bodily harm you can return with force. He shot him in the leg, nicer than I would have been

Back
Top Bottom