• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This is what it's like to cancel service with Comcast

I have no problem with them unless I have to talk to one of their drones. I avoid calling them like I avoid arc's van.

Why would you avoid Arc's van?!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_16_u5anurag.jpg

My last few customer service dealings with AT&T have been much, much different than the Comcast example in this thread. Their chosen method of frustrating the customer goes as follows...

The AT&T approach is for the customer to navigate a gauntlet of automated questions to direct you to the proper department, then being placed on hold for 10 - 30 minutes. When you finally are connected to the correct department it is identified that you actually need to be transferred to yet another department. While you are waiting on the transfer to complete you hear this sickening click, then dial tone. At that point you start the whole process over again.

I have had multiple instances of this very scenario over the last few years with AT&T. About 2 months ago I ran the AT&T CS gauntlet and actually didn't get disconnected (first time ever!). They confirmed by router was toast and that I needed to exchange it at the nearest AT&T store. I asked where the nearest was located and he asked my zip code, and then advised there were no AT&T stores in that area. I then gave him some zipcodes for Marietta and progressed with zip codes within the 285 corridor - all of them showed there was no AT&T stores in the Atlanta area. I asked, "are you really telling me there are no AT&T stores in the greater Atlanta area", and the response was "apparently there are no AT&T stores in north Georgia".

At that point I disconnected myself, went to Best Buy, and bought a Netgear dual band ADSL router and it performs much better than the AT&T supplied crap I had before.

And on the way home, I passed an AT&T store just a few blocks away from Best Buy. I was reminded of the end of the movie "Bridge On the River Kwai" where an officer looks at the carnage around him and simply mutters "Madness, MADNESS!".

Last edited:
wonder what the comcast drones motivation was to being rude and non helpful ? Maybe he gets a bonus for denying customers a disconnect? Good grief be civil and do your job for the customer.

Back
Top Bottom