• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This is why you don't go cheap.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Rail Fail.jpg

Decided to see what I could get out of the cheap rail that came on the gun. Never again! I'm lucky that fourth screw didn't fail and have my scope come flying off during recoil.

I swear. You and @Bypass have the worst luck with guns.
Some, but mostly it's just that I shoot a lot and experiment with different weapons. I'm very close to having all the niches filled with supremely accurate rifles and dealing with stuff like this is just part of the process.

Not saying it isn't frustrating as hell, though.

I also get very lucky sometimes. In the thread about the Cabela's deal on the Savage 12FV I just posted up how my new $220 rifle is consistently shooting 0.25 groups, so the luck goes both ways.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...t-rifles-for-319-99-at-cabelas.1503268/page-4

View attachment 1366381

Decided to see what I could get out of the cheap rail that came on the gun. Never again! I'm lucky that fourth screw didn't fail and have my scope come flying off during recoil.

How do ya like those LAPG pants? I almost got some for a work pant but went with vertx...i saw the lapg tag first and thought this was about cheap pants...

How do ya like those LAPG pants? I almost got some for a work pant but went with vertx...i saw the lapg tag first and thought this was about cheap pants...
Love them! I have a couple of dozen sets in four different colors and they are all I wear 99% of the time. I carry my cell, Ecig pack, wallet, keys, knife, Glock 43 and two extra mags in the pockets comfortably. Nothing hanging off the belt.

cheap mount or cheap screws? did you torque them or just German torque them (guten tight)
looks like the head broke off, what caliber?
Cheap mount and screws. I used a torque to 20lbs. (same as all my other rifles with good quality rails), 300 RUM with a muzzle brake.

The mount was solid until I started firing the rifle. That's when they visibly broke.

Back
Top Bottom