• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is your chance to repeal the 1986 full auto ban!

Civilians...free citizens of the United States of America...are entitied to the same arms as the government's standing army or the protections of the 2nd amendment are greatly diluted.

When the government, and we as fellow citizens, start limiting what type of arms free citizens may possess...it is a slippery slope.

Thanks, I was a wee lad when he was shot. So that was just caving ti the lobbyist's then when he banned

Not exactly.

The Hughes amendment was total BS. It came down to voice vote-and it was completely up to that POS Charles Rangel to decide which side was louder. If you watch the video, you will see that the side to include the amendment was nowhere near as loud.

This was a rider on a budget bill or farm bill or some such. Reagan signed it-despite all this procedural nonsense.

Some folks say that this was a compromise-in order to get some pretty good protections for gun rights stuff back then-and that if Reagan had not signed it, the dems would have killed the other protections. I'm not sure about the whole truth behind that one.

I do know that Reagan called a few people on the fence in 94 to get the assault ban too pass. I think he was clearly being manipulated at that point. The man had some Alzheimers going on when he left office-and it was getting bad by 94.

Civilians...free citizens of the United States of America...are entitied to the same arms as the government's standing army or the protections of the 2nd amendment are greatly diluted.

When the government, and we as fellow citizens, start limiting what type of arms free citizens may possess...it is a slippery slope.

Not exactly.

I don't get to own cruise missiles or ICBMs.

I'm good with that.

Full Autos will still be NFA registered. Full background process etc.

You Libs who think this will put maching guns on the streets have no clue how NFA laws work.

And this IS possible. Gun owners who want new registered full autos VASTLY outnumber gun owners who already have them.

Republicans control EVERY branch of government right now. If this is ever going to happen, it has to be NOW.
I guess you're just not getting what I say. Let's say the laws change, and now all of us can afford to buy the awesome FA that we want, and we do....Now, a **** load of us have them in our homes, LEGALLY...and our homes get broken into, because, as I said, a bunch of us have them. You sir have no clue how thugs work. They don't do it legal, they wait for you and I to do it legal, then they steal OURS. Now, I'm all for our rights, but I am DEAD sure guns will be stolen....They already are.

You're right, I don't.
What a tool.
I don't agree with you on the theft scenario: I really don't believe people who spend a great deal of money on full auto firearms would be so cavalier about the secure storage of them.
Yes, thugs will take whatever they can, but usually the least bit of security will hinder the scumbags. It's really not like the movies you know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why?

The idea of The Second Amendment is to strike fear in the government.

I draw the line at WMDs.

I'm not an anarchist.

-I don't like or trust much about the govt.... But I am one hell of a lot less frightened of them actually using any of this stuff against normal citizens than I would be of Bob down the road going on a bender and unleashing thermonuclear unhappiness on whatever unlucky city his ex would reside in.

Back
Top Bottom