• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on Browning A-Bolt 7mm WSM with Zeiss Conquest 5-25x50

MegaFan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
For $800, I was offered a Browning A-bolt heavy barrel (and I do mean heavy), similar to the one below, in 7mm WSM with a Zeiss Conquest 5-25x50 scope and looking for thoughts and/or advice.
www.browning.com_content_dam_browning_product_firearms_rifles_2d1af91f4cea9afa1bc2c465dfe67aca.jpeg

I have no need for the rifle, especially in a 7mm short magnum config that could be expensive to shoot. Also, not a fan of the gray zebra thumb hole stock. However, I am somewhat intrigued by the scope and think it might be a worthwhile addition to my PTR MSG 91 in 308. I don't have specific details on the scope model until I look at it again, but the scope alone seems to be worth $500 or more for any model Zeiss at this magnification and resolution. The $500 scope value would put me at $300 on the heavy Browning A-bolt. Oh, did I say heavy? With the scope and tall rings, it is over 12 pounds!!

Any thoughts, with the limited info above? Deal, or No Deal??

I love laminated stocks, and thumbhole stocks!
I agree that the "short magnum" caliber is not my top choice, due to ammo costs and lack of availability at every Wal-Mart and pawn shop in the USA.

But somebody will want it. Lots of guys want a long-range rifle that they'll never hunt with, and they'll only have to carry it 50 feet from the truck to the bench at the local gun club.

Buy the package, keep the scope, and sell the rifle for $500.
Make $200 bucks profit.

Buy the package, keep the scope, and sell the rifle for $500.
Make $200 bucks profit.

Thanks for your thoughts GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet . Only one problem with that... once I purchase, it is really difficult to sell. I guess knowing that I have a $200 or more perceived value appreciation makes it an investment worth considering. I have offered $700 for the package; will give it a little time and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom