• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

thoughts on rock island 1911

I'm also thinking about buying an RIA. Do any of you previous owners have any experience/comments about the nickel finish as opposed to the blue finish?

I had the tactical in the Nickel finish and I loved it compared to the blued finish. It really shined up well and gave the gun the extra eye candy level in my opinion. I had no problems with mine and the gun will put round on top of round if you can do your part. I opted for the tactical because I like the dovetail sights and skeleton hammer and extended beaver tail that was included on it. I ran a few hundred rounds down the pipe and then switched to HP and it fed them with out a problem but I traded it before I could live fire the HP ammunition.

Good info. Thanks! I think you've helped me make up my mind what to buy.
Go to Gallery of Guns and search RIA or Citadel. They have a nickel plated RIA and a Citadel full size (on sale) for well under $500 out-the-door (transfer included).
RIA, Citadel, and Taurus PT1911 blue guns are not known for quality of finish, but function well for their purpose.

Last edited:
Crackerz - Thanks! I'd just found Gallery of Guns maybe a week or 10 days ago. Great way to get to the nitty-gritty on pricing and availability. They also have an American Classic (Metro Arms) I've had my eye on - hard chrome version.

Go to Gallery of Guns and search RIA or Citadel. They have a nickel plated RIA and a Citadel full size (on sale) for well under $500 out-the-door (transfer included).

They may have a few good deals but I just went to it, I just bought a raging judge magnum in Dawsonville saturday for $720 they have the same exact gun on G.O.G. for $934 not a very good deal in my book. I'm just saying watch the price. $200 price difference is huge in my book.

Get a Citadel. Made by the same people but the Citadel comes with more upgrades like beavertail safety and novak style sights. The trigger is better on the Citadel too. I believe the price is pretty much the same if not cheaper for the Citadel.

They may have a few good deals but I just went to it, I just bought a raging judge magnum in Dawsonville saturday for $720 they have the same exact gun on G.O.G. for $934 not a very good deal in my book. I'm just saying watch the price. $200 price difference is huge in my book.
True, you always need to shop prices, but G.O.G. and Bud's is usually where I start. The $936 price listed on G.O.G. for the Raging Judge is MSRP. It was out of stock, so I couldn't find out what the price at my preferred FFL would be, but most assuredly, it would be far less than $936. Bud's has it for $690 including shipping + trans. fee, but none in stock, either. In my experience, G.O.G. is usually cheaper than Bud's. One in stock would be worth the difference if you want one. Did the $720 include sales taxes?

Actually he was asking 720 + tax I bought a used ruger additional and talked him down $75 from the asking price between the 2. He took the discount mainly on the ruger like he said at the store he just didn't have much room to move on the price on the judge. As hard as the raging judge magnum is to actually find in stock I probably wouldn't have budged on price if I was in his shoes. But I think he may have a little wiggle room on his price on his RIA my plan is to find out next week. I really had my eye on one he had in stainless.

Back
Top Bottom