• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on the Dillion 550

I'll say my 550 can run out several hundred rounds per hour- more than enough for me. I can spend two hours reloading and have three months worth of pistol ammo.

I went from a single stage RCBS (Dad's hand-me-down) to this, so maybe my opinion is biased. The RCBS took a long time to crank out three to four hundred rounds.

I have two 550's and love them. I originally kept one set up for small primers and the other for large. Then I got a case feeder for it. Now I laod the rifle stuff on the non case feed machine and the pistol stuff on the case feeder. I have about 27 conversions for the 550s and wish I could load rifle cases on the case feeder version, but it ain't gonna happen. Too late for me to start over with another machine and re-invest in all the conversions. The case feed version has the roller handle and the strong mount, and the non case feed machine has the standard handle and strong mount. I can definitely feel the primer seating better with the roller handle unit. Love them both.. Blitzfike

I have the 550 and a 650. I use the 550 for 308, 223, and 300BLK. I use the 650 for my pistol cals. The 650 will crank out some serious volume and the quality is top notch. The 550 is awesome for rifle cals. I can load one round at a time if I want or I can go all out and load some serious ammo. I find that if you choose the right powder for rifle then you get VERY good quality...... Big long rods of powder do not measure very well on any progressive. Use a smaller/finer powder like True Blue and life is good....

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_695fbd62.jpg
that is just plain awesome, great set up

Back
Top Bottom