• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for new tires for Tundra currently BFG KO2s

I have a 2021 Tundra. I have had Nitto Ridge Grappler's on it since it was at 12 miles. They are super quiet on the Highway and as efficient as any off road. They are in my opinion the best on/off road choice for any truck. I have 36,000 miles on them and expect to replace them around 42,000 or so. Aggressive tread tires have the trade off of not getting as many miles out of them. I will gladly buy another set of Ridge Grapplers because they are soooo good. Plus they are 10 ply tires and I can drive over nails and never go flat. NEVER GO FLAT is a big deal.

Cooper AT3 were my pic. Replaced a set of BF KO’s that were really loud. I have a ~5K miles on the Coopers including a couple 8 hour trips. Smooth ride, much quieter, good road manners, no real change in mileage, and better wet traction compared to the KOs. Haven’t really challenged them off-road but pretty sure theyd be fine

I love Michelin LTX for all my suvs but not “aggressive” enough for my truck.
E1239172-F985-4100-9E78-7ACF41DFBCBD.png

I have a 2021 Tundra. I have had Nitto Ridge Grappler's on it since it was at 12 miles. They are super quiet on the Highway and as efficient as any off road. They are in my opinion the best on/off road choice for any truck. I have 36,000 miles on them and expect to replace them around 42,000 or so. Aggressive tread tires have the trade off of not getting as many miles out of them. I will gladly buy another set of Ridge Grapplers because they are soooo good. Plus they are 10 ply tires and I can drive over nails and never go flat. NEVER GO FLAT is a big deal.

10 ply tires does not mean there are 10 plies of materials. It is a load carrying capacity rating. 10 ply tires get just as flat due to a sharp object as a 4 ply tire.

10 ply tires does not mean there are 10 plies of materials. It is a load carrying capacity rating. 10 ply tires get just as flat due to a sharp object as a 4 ply tire.
Excuse me. The Nitto Ridge Grappler's are 12 ply tires. And I have pulled 16 Penney nails out of them that were all the way in and I have never had a flat. I do think the beefy tread and 12 ply rating must have something to do with then not going flat

Back
Top Bottom