• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for new tires for Tundra currently BFG KO2s

They do make an AT tire in the LTX line. They also have a new LTX defender platinum line designed for HD trucks that gets a 70K warranty and is a bit more agressive. I will say that the appearance of the tire will fool you off road especially the dry rocky stuff. The wet muddy stuff a mud tire is called for anyway. I've ran the BFG before and it was probably a little better when it got muddy but just a little, the tradeoff was the shorter tread life, but more than that was the noisier ride before the tires were done.

I think I have gotten spoiled with the smooth quiet ride and still not worrying about too much off pavement short of deep mud.

I always run Michelin tires and just put a set of these on my 2020 GMC Diesel I will know on wood, I’ve always got great service and mileage out of them. I have them on my Tacoma too

On what? Got street pirelli’s on my grand Cherokee L and want to put those on after it gets lifted
F150 crew cab full
No complaints on my 2nd set . I got them from Sam’s club. They have great warranty , they get lots of traction .Haven’t gotten stuck yet .

Attachments

• 8707B1AD-DEB0-4812-93ED-8435FC9FB6DA.png
    8707B1AD-DEB0-4812-93ED-8435FC9FB6DA.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 9
I am about to put tires on my truck. The truck is an 06 Tundra. The tires that are on it now were on it when I bought it 40k+ miles ago. I rotate them every 5000 miles at oil change. I am currently running 275/55R20 BFG KO2s. Most of my riding is on the road. We have a gravel drive. When we are headed to a deer stand or riding around looking for pigs I want to just go. These tires have taken me everywhere I have needed to go and a few places I haven't. I dont really have complaints but wanting to check options. The BFG's are expensive but seem to hold up well.

I am about to put tires on my truck. The truck is an 06 Tundra. The tires that are on it now were on it when I bought it 40k+ miles ago. I rotate them every 5000 miles at oil change. I am currently running 275/55R20 BFG KO2s. Most of my riding is on the road. We have a gravel drive. When we are headed to a deer stand or riding around looking for pigs I want to just go. These tires have taken me everywhere I have needed to go and a few places I haven't. I dont really have complaints but wanting to check options. The BFG's are expensive but seem to hold up well.
One thing for sure don’t be misled by people running tires on a Toyota Tacoma that’s really not a full size. It’s just a toy truck.!

• Haha
Reactions: GFB
Check out Coopers ….they seem to do well from my experience. I have been a mechanic for over 30 yrs.
I have not run them myself but have seen plenty of folks that have and have had good comments about them .

Just remember any time you lift, go up a size or two or three, you will lose fuel mileage, and the same goes for lift kits. I'm over all that sort of stuff so I stay with factory specs. Any additions you do to your trucks can cause unusual wear and the life of them will drop.

Well my trucks sits as I bought it. When I bought it the truck was lifted with wheels. I have been tempted to go LTX just to see how smooth it can ride and it could not hurt my 13mpg. At least it’s consistent. I get 13 every tank except one trip to Athens think I got 14

Back
Top Bottom