• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time really flies

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Today, I had to really sit back and accept that my oldest was getting his first car today. It was happy and sad at the same time. The look on his face says it all but I still see a 3 year old little boy sitting in that seat. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family.

For the last 3 years he has let it be known that his first car had to be a truck, had to be older than him and nothing with any "frilly junk" on it.

Today I handed him the keys to his first vehicle. It was everything that he wanted and his hard work to earn it paid off. When he drove off with his girlfriend for the inaugural drive my wife and I just smiled while we choked back tears. I love being a parent and times like these make every sacrifice I've ever made worth it. God has blessed me for some unknown reason and I can never repay that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366251682.592803.jpg

Awesome. Please educate him about drinking and driving. Two 16 year olds wrecked a car here a couple days ago. The passenger is dead and the driver and father are in jail. The dad was trying to tamper with evidence. Tel him not one single beer. A friend had one beer when he was seventeen. A drunk driver pulled out in front of him and died. My buddy is now a felon and got out ten years later.

Great story and I bet you have already told him.

Back
Top Bottom