• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time really flies

Today, I had to really sit back and accept that my oldest was getting his first car today. It was happy and sad at the same time. The look on his face says it all but I still see a 3 year old little boy sitting in that seat. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family.

For the last 3 years he has let it be known that his first car had to be a truck, had to be older than him and nothing with any "frilly junk" on it.

Today I handed him the keys to his first vehicle. It was everything that he wanted and his hard work to earn it paid off. When he drove off with his girlfriend for the inaugural drive my wife and I just smiled while we choked back tears. I love being a parent and times like these make every sacrifice I've ever made worth it. God has blessed me for some unknown reason and I can never repay that.

View attachment 183386

This picture is priceless... your Son is very lucky to have a Dad like you to teach him how to earn things that he wants by working and saving for them, he will respect it more. I have a 14 yr old that is old school in his vehicle likes.... 85 GMC High Sierra (sitting in the yard waiting). Man I can remember my first trip out in my ride, I think I was smiling as big as your boy there ! This is a great day...Congrats !

Great choice on the truck. I had the same truck color, motor and all just a few yrs ago when i was just getting my licence. That 300 is perfect. Enough and not too much. now that I'm a little older I thank grandma for not letting me leave with grandpas corvette when he said I could have it, the truck was a much better choice.

For the last 3 years he has let it be known that his first car had to be a truck, had to be older than him and nothing with any "frilly junk" on it.
Great job hoss. Sounds like he's light years ahead of too many his age. Well done (both you)!
My son is 10 and when he was around 7 he asked how old a person had to be to drive. I told him 16. He said that was "stupid" and "way too young". I asked him if he thought 25 was a good age. He said yes. I immediately had him write up and sign a 'contract' that states he will not drive until he is 25 years old. Unfortunately my best friend who is an attorney has informed me it would not hold up in a court of law. But that same friend has two college age daughters so I think he's just trying to spread the misery. I still have the 'contract' just in case. ;)
In all seriousness, it goes by way too fast as you as a parent surely know. Enjoy it!

Thanks to all my ODT Brohammeds. He now been driving the truck for a few months and has a list about $3000 long thy he wants to do to it.

~sigh~

Today, I had to really sit back and accept that my oldest was getting his first car today. It was happy and sad at the same time. The look on his face says it all but I still see a 3 year old little boy sitting in that seat. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family.

Today I handed him the keys to his first vehicle. It was everything that he wanted and his hard work to earn it paid off. When he drove off with his girlfriend for the inaugural drive my wife and I just smiled while we choked back tears. I love being a parent and times like these make every sacrifice I've ever made worth it. God has blessed me for some unknown reason and I can never repay that.

View attachment 183386
95-96 f150? Nice! My first was a 94 F150 that was my grand daddy's with a 351 windsor gas hog, I'm sure I had the same look on my face the first time I was legal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom