• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tipping: I can't be the only one, right?

Went to a VERY well known Cajun restaurant in Acworth and sat at the bar for a bourbon before dinner. Mine was straight, hers was on the rocks. The bill came and it said "$1.00 neat" extra on top of the $12 for my drink. My wife's said "$1.00 rocks" extra on top of her $12. Now that's some BS there...
Haven't set foot in there in years. Don't know the attraction.

Hell I order them EXTRA dry and they still grab the damned vermouth. I guess anybody can be a bartender now. No knowledge necessary.
I was in this place once. Once.

Girl behind the bar asked what I wanted and I asked her if she made a good Old Fashioned. She responded "A good old fashioned what?"

I got up and left.

I’m not a tipper, you best add into your pricing. I’ll even get my own food from the kitchen if it’s that big a deal. Ever since Covid the quality of most **** has disappeared, so I ain’t playing that game.
I get it. Problem is, you're taking it out on the wrong people. Looking at the prices of most places, they absolutely have enough in the pricing to pay the servers more than $2.13 an hour. These employers are looking to have you subsidize their waitstaff's salary. It's a dumb tradition that needs to go away. Nowhere else in the world does this happen. Service quality is **** because the **** pay only attracts the people who can't get anything else.

Girl behind the bar asked what I wanted and I asked her if she made a good Old Fashioned. She responded "A good old fashioned what?"

I got up and left.
Oh good grief...they will hire any warm body to tend a bar nowadays. Last September, right after Labor Day so it was technically the off season, we stopped in a local beach bar and ordered a couple bourbons. The warm body behind the bar poured a rocks glass almost all the way up to the top with bourbon. Both of us. Probably an 8 oz. pour!! We didn't complain, sat there for a couple hours and drank them. That guy just cost the bar $50 - $60...

Went to a VERY well known Cajun restaurant in Acworth and sat at the bar for a bourbon before dinner. Mine was straight, hers was on the rocks. The bill came and it said "$1.00 neat" extra on top of the $12 for my drink. My wife's said "$1.00 rocks" extra on top of her $12. Now that's some BS there...
Always felt that place was way overrated, probably because i grew up in New Orleans on real cajun food.

I got up and left.
Had a similar one. I ordered a black and tan at a bar and the girl had never heard of it. Had to show her what it was and then she said well we don't carry those brands. 🤦‍♂️

How the **** else can you order it without a fee? There's a fee for straight outta the bottle into a glass???

Wow, that's pretty ****ty right there.

Wow, that's pretty ****ty right there.
I actually sent them an email and called BS on them. They sent me a canned response saying "The $1.00 for a neat pour is because we add a quarter ounce for a neat pour", and the same response for the drink on ice. Complete BS. That's just cheesy squeezing their customers for an extra buck per drink. Just raise the price $1 and don't insult me...And yes, I took $2 out of what I normally leave for a couple drinks at a bar.

Back
Top Bottom