• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tippmann m-4 22 vs M&P 15 22

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs has a few of the Tippman pistol versions on the wall now. I think they were $599.99

Both are great guns. I have a Tippman M4, M&P 15/22 and a HK 416D. What it comes down to is authenticity. If you want a .22 AR that's as close to the real AR 5.56 get the Tippman. If authenticity isn't an issue get the M&P 15/22 as it is light weight. My M&P 15/22 gets a lot of use, Tippman and HK not so much.

Both are great guns. I have a Tippman M4, M&P 15/22 and a HK 416D. What it comes down to is authenticity. If you want a .22 AR that's as close to the real AR 5.56 get the Tippman. If authenticity isn't an issue get the M&P 15/22 as it is light weight. My M&P 15/22 gets a lot of use, Tippman and HK not so much.

Hi why do you prefer the M&P over the Tippman? Is it just about the weight or something else? I'm considering selling my M&P and getting a Tippman. My M&P weighs 5lbs and depending on which Tippman that's 5.22 or 5,69.

Hi why do you prefer the M&P over the Tippman? Is it just about the weight or something else? I'm considering selling my M&P and getting a Tippman. My M&P weighs 5lbs and depending on which Tippman that's 5.22 or 5,69.

A few minor reasons. The M&P is about a half pound lighter. I don't have to worry about damaging the finish on the upper and lower because its color runs all the way through not just a finish on the surface. The M&P cost less so not much money for a lot of fun shooting. My 32 round Pro mags run flawless in the M&P. Not sure if a magazine with more than 25 rounds is available for the Tippman, I haven't looked.

The Tippman has an aluminum upper and lower but the handguard is plastic. My 416D is the closest to the real deal 5.56 as it is built entirely of metal and even weighs the same as a 5.56 HK416.

A few minor reasons. The M&P is about a half pound lighter. I don't have to worry about damaging the finish on the upper and lower because its color runs all the way through not just a finish on the surface. The M&P cost less so not much money for a lot of fun shooting. My 32 round Pro mags run flawless in the M&P. Not sure if a magazine with more than 25 rounds is available for the Tippman, I haven't looked.

The Tippman has an aluminum upper and lower but the handguard is plastic. My 416D is the closest to the real deal 5.56 as it is built entirely of metal and even weighs the same as a 5.56 HK416.

The HK416 has too many fake controls. The Tippmann is fully functional.

Makes sense what you say about the M&P. It was about $100 less then the Tipp and it has the red/green stock optic. If I got that I would want to but a red dot so add $.

As far as accuracy how would you compare the 2?

Back
Top Bottom