Title and Valorem tax!

yeah its that lifetime ad valorem thing now. When I bought my 1990 DR350 is was $36 ... my 2013 DR650 was around $450 I think. On the bright side (if such a thing exists concerning any tax)... you only have a 20 dollar tag fee each year from now on.

Our piece of **** state legislators(republicans) sat down with the car dealers and took away any incentive you gain(no sales tax)from buying from an individual. All vehicle sales, private or retail, will be taxed as a retail sale. You used to save some money over retail when buying from an individual and not paying sales tax. The car lobby in Georgia thought that was an unfair advantage that steered customers in the used market to individuals. They secretly greased the palms of our politicians and passed it a year or two ago. I was given a heads up from a state employee that works in revenue collections and he said we got ****ED! You get the big surprise when getting your tag,SURPRISE!!!

So I just bought a 2009 cbr600rr and my title cost me $400. WTF!
Prior to March 2013 you would have paid Polk County's 7% sales tax if you bought from a dealer (if you bought from an individual you wouldn't have paid tax). Then every year you'd pay ad valorem tax in addition to that sales tax. Now, you only pay 6.5% ONE TIME. So compared to scenario 1 you are paying (way) less. Compared to scenario 2 (private seller) you'll still be paying less if you keep the bike more than a handful of years.

Yep you're better off this way. I tend to keep vehicles well into their geriatric phase...it'll save me some $$.

well here she is guys. jane.jpg
Still miss my 06 1365955958_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom