Title and Valorem tax!

And the other plus to it is if you trade with me (at a dealership) you deduct the price of your trade from the cost of my car and pay the 6.75% on the net difference. So buying a $40K car and trading a $20K car in, you'll pay 6.75% of $20K not $40K.

Our piece of **** state legislators(republicans) sat down with the car dealers and took away any incentive you gain(no sales tax)from buying from an individual. All vehicle sales, private or retail, will be taxed as a retail sale. You used to save some money over retail when buying from an individual and not paying sales tax. The car lobby in Georgia thought that was an unfair advantage that steered customers in the used market to individuals. They secretly greased the palms of our politicians and passed it a year or two ago. I was given a heads up from a state employee that works in revenue collections and he said we got ****ED! You get the big surprise when getting your tag,SURPRISE!!!
You only got ****ed if you ALWAYS bought used or bought new every couple of years.
I bought a new car in 2013. You know what I paid 'extra'? Not one single cent. I'll save several thousand dollars in taxes over the life of that car. Thank you sir may I have another?
Now I agree with the PRINCIPLE that taxing private sells is B.S. (and sets a really dangerous precedent) but from a 'screwing' standpoint, this one isn't for most people and as a matter of fact I think they (gubment) are going to be sorely shocked at how upside down they are on revenue in short order. I expect the rate to go up.

You only got ****ed if you ALWAYS bought used or bought new every couple of years.
I bought a new car in 2013. You know what I paid 'extra'? Not one single cent. I'll save several thousand dollars in taxes over the life of that car. Thank you sir may I have another?
Now I agree with the PRINCIPLE that taxing private sells is B.S. (and sets a really dangerous precedent) but from a 'screwing' standpoint, this one isn't for most people and as a matter of fact I think they (gubment) are going to be sorely shocked at how upside down they are on revenue in short order. I expect the rate to go up.

Oh my god, did you say private "sells"!? No way! Ahhhh!!!!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!!!!

TAVT is a good thing! My 2014 STI was almost $3,000 in TAVT. That kept me from paying County sales tax and a huge tag fee every year. Plus it's only about 7% of the states value of the vehicle. Sure beats the old yearly ad valorem tax days!!

TAVT is a good thing! My 2014 STI was almost $3,000 in TAVT. That kept me from paying County sales tax and a huge tag fee every year. Plus it's only about 7% of the states value of the vehicle. Sure beats the old yearly ad valorem tax days!!

Are you saying you only paid the title TAVT and no sales tax? If so I didn't realize that was how it worked. I was under the impression you now paid both or roughly 13-14% tax total.

Back
Top Bottom