To all of us reloaders.

I have still never seen one actual link where someone's own loaded ammo was used and then used against them in court. Lots of he said/she said crap and most of it came from the same source Ayoob. I am new to reloading and don't currently load PD ammo but have no reason not to once my skills and confidence improve.

I coat mine in poison arrow frog piss. :p I do carry reloads for SD since I only reload, I've not purchased factory rounds except 22lr in 45 years. Never kilt no one and never had to draw down on anyone.

People should carry whatever they're comfortable with. I can't imagine what some lawyer may try to make of someone with all the handloading equipment and supplies I have going a buying some "Defensive Loads."

I got into handloading for the sole reason of producing better quality, more accurate ammo than I can buy off the shelf.

If I'm forced to use a weapon in defense of myself or family, I'll not be concerned with what some rattlesnake of a lawyer may make of my choice of ammo. Odds are already stacked against most victims that defend themselves.

I remember someone on another forum telling me, "I trust factory ammo over anything I load. How can what I load on a $200.00 press be as good as what's produced by their million dollar machines."

I'd hate to squeeze the trigger on anything he loads.

Ammo used in firearms by definition and use will injure and kill, will personally loaded kill someone deader? Can't have that. Good grief.

There has only been one case of which I am aware that that was actually part of the 'case'. Most of that is gun rag/ instructor/gun store rhetoric.
If you are concerned, Masaad Ayoob recommends to find out what you're local po-po issues and carry that.

I roll my own too.

Having been in a court of law and seen what goes on there in a persecution of an individual, I think Masaad Ayoob gives excellent advice. If you're testifying in court and asked why you bought that particular ammo, saying that you did it because that's what your local police force used sounds extremely reasonable to most folks in a jury.

Okay, I like buffalo bore cause they hit hard as hell. I will never bow down to anyone forr any reason, especially some punk chicken **** cop out like this! It's about time for people to get their balls back!!!

You obviously haven't seen what goes on in a courtroom. Damn foolish approach and one that'd surely wind you up in jail. Jail - NOT a fun place to be.

I have still never seen one actual link where someone's own loaded ammo was used and then used against them in court. Lots of he said/she said crap and most of it came from the same source Ayoob. I am new to reloading and don't currently load PD ammo but have no reason not to once my skills and confidence improve.

Ayoob has a large amount of experience appearing in court as an expert witness. He's seen what goes on in many, many cases. It only takes one time in court and seeing all the nasty low life crap the persecution does to make one realize having anything they can attack is an extremely bad idea.

I carry store bought carry rounds. I like the Gold Dot brand. But, I think they all work about the same under most circumstances.
I have only seen one factory round fail to ignite. I know it must happen more often than I can know about, but I have been to a lot of events and seen a lot of factory ammo fired without any issues. So, I trust them.

As far as liability and court rooms are concerned, if it is a justifiable shooting, what more is there to contemplate in the mind of a reasonable juror. The problem is they are often not reasonable. I don't think it is a matter of having nerve, backbone, big balls, or any other attribute which may at times confuse bravery with foolish ambition to make a point that no one will ever care about; it is a matter of making a sensable choice.

Anyone that wants to carry his own loads is making a good choice if they believe they are more reliable.

Anyone not worried about being sued after making a stand, either has nothing to loose, or is just short sighted.

I have carried a five shot S&W 38 snub for years. I think the field testing in a recent case in FL proved it works pretty well against large attackers at close range. As a private citizen, I have problems imagining a justifiable long shot. 25 yards is about it, and that would be in an open area outside of my home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom