• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all you wolverines-

scandmx5

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
30   0
Reaction score
That plan to "hunt and live off the land" when SHTF...you do realize that every other bastard and his brother are planning to head to the hills as well right? The woods won't be secluded anymore, they'll be packed with everyone evacuating the city.

Food? You all plan to hunt off the land, that's all well but bag limits and regs won't amount to anything. With that many people in the state hunting for survival, our wildlife resources will be rapidly depeleted, almost to the points of extinction. Then what do you do? You all become herbivores.

It's obvious if you live inside/close to 285 you're not getting out. Gas stations will have shut down, ran out, traffic will be on a scale you have never seen, add panic to the mix and you have no chance. Leave the car and wait until everyone else runs out of gas/breaks down and you'll be Georgia's Most Wanted.

So that leaves your 3000 rounds of 7.62x39 you've been stockpiling. You plan on walking the 60 miles to "the woods" carrying that? You know how much just 500 rounds weigh-add basic provisions, water, guns, mags, most important documents, etc... You'll be exhausted in under 3 miles with all that weight. God forbid it's July or August in our Great State when this happens.

Guns are great, however it is an absolute NECESSITY to have spare parts, springs, and lube. Guns will break. Remember your gun that you clean after every trip to the range will be receiving more abuse than it has ever seen and exposed to all elements thrown at it. AK's and SKS's will be an excellent choice. No telling how many old SKS's will come out of the closet in the first days of America 2.0

Neighbors. They will help you, kill you, or beg for your help. It may sound odd, but getting a plan in act with other members of the HOA could be a great thing. Afterall, you probably won't be getting far. Establish a neighborhood type security force, remember The Postman lol.

The people already living out in the sticks are fortunate...but the rest of us will have to make do. They're not going to be welcoming of a mass exodus from the 770.

Get to know some Bosnians. They've lived through this within the last 20 years.

Other than that, I just felt like mentioning these things that I think about everytime I read one of these SHTF threads.

Last edited:
Interesting post. I especially like this part:

The people already living out in the sticks are fortunate...but the rest of us will have to make do. They're not going to be welcoming of a mass exodus from the 770.

No offense to anyone, but after the shtf I'm not exactly going to be welcoming to any Yankees that think they can set up camp on my farm. (and where I'm from yankee is anyone that lives north of Cordele lol)

Enjoyed the post also...........if things get that bad I think many will head to the "FEMA" camps. In case they don't and want to invade my property they will have to get past the briars, the razor wire, moat, hedgerows, guinea hens and my fightin' roosters.

Enjoyed the post also...........if things get that bad I think many will head to the "FEMA" camps. In case they don't and want to invade my property they will have to get past the briars, the razor wire, moat, hedgerows, guinea hens and my fightin' roosters.

any cornish hens??? LOL!

This thread needs to be flagged "where the rubber meets the road". Good stuff. Get out BEFORE the long brown hits the whirling blades if you can, as in today. I drive one hour each way to work and hope and pray I can get out and home in time. But knowing that home is there and the big city is in the rear view mirror is a pleasant thought. No, you will not be welcome here. Not a neighborly thing to say, but then my neighbors are of a self reliant cut. Make plans now. If you don't have any place to go, you are a refugee. If you are going to "get by" as you go you might be considered a looter. If and when you get to the woods when all the animals are hunted out or scared off, guess what's for dinner? Read "The Road" and don't think starving people will not resort to cannibalism before they give in to starvation.

Glad I don't live any closer to Atlanta and Macon than I do.....Anybody know a good way to plug I75 up somewhere around Macon to keep it peaceful in central Georgia? That would be a nice trick.

Glad I don't live any closer to Atlanta and Macon than I do.....Anybody know a good way to plug I75 up somewhere around Macon to keep it peaceful in central Georgia? That would be a nice trick.

friday afternoon rush hour plugs it up anyway. add in cars that have run out of gas/crashes due to people going crazy and you don't have a chance of using interstates.

people who think the woods is a good plan are fools. living without a real shelter would be hell.

Back
Top Bottom