• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all you wolverines-

I second that motion. Your post is pretty acurate and I do hope we wont come to that. I have a cabin in Cleveland, Ga, however, most of middle GA is home to boars, deer, turkeys and has a more milder winter so planting crops wouldnt be a waste. Im seriously thinking about trying to find some sort of land down there and park a 53' cargo container on it and prep it incase Nov 2012 comes around and the dawn of the Apocolypse is upon us

Lots of relatively cheap land in middle Georgia.

So think about that as you're mocking people for inadequate plans or preps.

Sorry, but I don't see anyone here mocking anyone. I see you whining though. I/we were sharing things that will surely come to pass if/when such an event occurs. That information could be vital to someone who wouldn't take those things into consideration. If I was making inadequate plans or preps, I'd love for someone to help me consider all the variables.

For anyone thinking about bugging in, what happens when a house down the street catches fire and there is no fire department to stop it from spreading? Whole neighborhoods and blocks could go up in flames in a matter of hours/days. In this unlucky scenario, its always good to have a back-up plan. If that back-up plan includes driving you will need stored gas that is stabilized for long term storage, spare tires, vehicle parts, and everything you plan to take with you ready to go at a few minutes notice. If that plan does not include driving you'll need to start planning now for what you can take with you. Its nice to have 10,000 rounds of ammo and 2 years worth of canned/dried food at your place, but thats not all going to come with you on foot obviously.

I am in the same boat, bug in until bugging out is absolutely necessary. Scout for a better location in that event (should time allow) and move what I can as fast as I can and bug in again. If getting far away becomes an immediate requirement you can bet I'm not going north to the mountains, I don't know how yall up there would treat a relocated Yankee city dweller on your land. I'm headed west, then south. The Gulf sounds a lot more enjoyable than freezing my ass off in the mountains haha, and there is a LOT of open country between here and Mobile.

It just depends on how quick it is going down hill. I might leave right away and go, or I might bug in, then go later. Either way, your going to need some food, ammo, guns, a bob setup. Some first aid stuff, and at least a girlfriend or wife. If it's the end of the world, I want to get me some lovin before its all over with.

Have a close relative in Huntsville, AL who, with most of north Alabama, will be without power for 1-2 weeks following the 7 tornados that struck their city. They came back to GA to wait it out with their dogs and most of their frozen meats. The only reason they got to Atlanta was because they happened to have a full tank of gas and the interstates were clear!

Even after having to leave their home, they still have no interest in prepping.....not even a 72 hr B.O.B.! I don't know what it takes to wake up some people.

Just by the grace of God, all of North GA would be in the same shape.

Sorry, the tone sounded like mocking to me. Oh to all the "wolverines", to all those that think blah blah. That sounds condescending, sorry. Like everyone else is too stupid to figure this simple stuff out.

Of course living in the woods is hard. Of course game will likely become scarce. Those are not revelations. Those are not great insights. That's what happened during the Great Depression and it would happen again under similar circumstances.

If it was not your intent to be condescending, then my most humble apologies. But that's how some of these posts came off.

I think that the majority of folks fleeing the urban areas will not survive over a month. But in that month they will cause many to lose their lifes. Not intentionally or out malice, but out of fear, desperation and ignorance.
I think most of us are more like minded and will have some idea of what to do.

Back
Top Bottom