To much brass , powder and projectiles ..worth nothing

redfish414

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
322   0
Reaction score
I have a Lee pro Press as well as a single stage . A decapping dies and hand primer as if you all know the Lee primer feed is a joke . 40 , 45 , and 308 dies . I have more brass, bullets, primers and powder to do about 5000 rds in 40 and 45 and about 2000 in 308 ....Nobody is buying this stuff but only selling so my plan is ....Sell the rest of 9mm , 223 brass and bullets I have as it is. To cheap not. to buy right now . Reload only 40 , 45 and 308 .....I have pre primed about 1000 total of 40 and 45 as will I on the 308 I have no faith in the accuracy of charging loads this or presses I have used . I want to get a RBCS Chargemaster Combo and take my time the next couple months as I will have a lot of it and use it to load each rd using the Chargemaster . Then complete on the press. I figure it is better than taking a loss selling all the powder ( 15 # ) bullets ( 5000) plus a couple hundred specialty bullets . and brass 5000 + ....
I'm in no hurry so if I put out 500 a week I'm fine . I figure the money I will spend on the Chargemaster is cheaper than selling the supplies at a loss.
Your thoughts ?

I would consider buying a Dillon 550 set up for 45 ACP and 40 cal conversion kit.

The 45 shell plate will work for 308 and the forty plate will work for the nine.

Then buy the powder funnel and brass locating pins for the 9, and a 308 powder funnel.

The Dillon measure is plenty accurate for pistols, and rifle loads. You can always hand load for the rifle if you want true match accuracy.

The Charge Master is certanly a nice piece, but I would get the Dillon first.

As much as we like DILLON, a friend has the new HORNADY POWDER CHARGER, we are finally impressed someone else's equipment with it's being right on the money each and every time. Midway has them for $169.99, they are on back order however they will allow orders now. Then CHEAPER THAN DIRT, has them in stock for $190.++.

We are die hard DILLON equipment all the way for over 30+ year user too, however Hornady has a winner there.

just my take on the equipment, DILLON, RCBS, however give the Hornady powder charger is a winner...

My goal here is to keep all of my 308 supplies , my single stage . Maybe selling all of my other brass bullets , powder and maybe but I might regret it it my Mack Daddy over built , over thought out , scientifically designed , patent pending , pretty enough to call it your kitchen table loading bench

Thought about that as well . I may be moving in a couple months so trying to get rid of stuff . Also don't see reloading in my future but only in the 308. Ammo is so damn cheap now and can't see how it can get any cheaper ...I started to reload with intention more on saving money . Being very ADHD I lost interest in it

I haven't been loading much 9mm either since its back down to pre-panic pricing, but .45 is still very much worth it.

I'm looking at getting back into .40 so let me know if you decide to sell your dies and supplies.

Back
Top Bottom