To Save Gas, What Would You Do?

Our card does all the fraud calculations.
I don't have to submit receipts.
Just put five in and get five out into a can later.
Just tell the boss the situation and see if they would have a problem with it.

If you let people in the door, then you are already in the "circle of trust,"

Do everything you can....:lol:

Light throttle, keep the revs low, stay at 55mph, cut off AC but keep windows up to reduce drag. I'd rather be hot ridin' than hot walkin'. The fuel gauges on most newer cars are pessimistic, based on my experience.

The most effective option alone is to only drive barely fast enough for your transmission to stay in its highest gear, unless you come to a really significant hill. For my car, on fairly level terrain, that's only 45 mph. That makes about a 5 M.P.G. difference over the slowest "normal speed" that doesn't make you a road hazard in ATL: 60 mph. So, yeah, if I had to milk it I would drive like a shriveled up blue-haired old lady at 45, and hope and pray I don't get in, or cause, a wreck.

The next most useful thing to do would be turn off the A/C, and barely crack a window if you have to,
or just use the outside air option and let it blow through your dash vents.

The most effective option alone is to only drive barely fast enough for your transmission to stay in its highest gear, unless you come to a really significant hill. For my car, on fairly level terrain, that's only 45 mph. That makes about a 5 M.P.G. difference over the slowest "normal speed" that doesn't make you a road hazard in ATL: 60 mph. So, yeah, if I had to milk it I would drive like a shriveled up blue-haired old lady at 45, and hope and pray I don't get in, or cause, a wreck.

The next most useful thing to do would be turn off the A/C, and barely crack a window if you have to,
or just use the outside air option and let it blow through your dash vents.
Agree on all those. I've finally determined that my F150 must be designed to operate most efficiently at 2000 RPM and so I really never hit the gas hard enough to push it past that. At each gear position if you let it go and never go above that, it will generally shift and your speed is more often than not fast enough to keep from being honked at as a slow poke. By the time you get to 45 mph it's already in the last gear with O/D so 2000 RPM will take the speed on up to 60 pretty easy, but getting above that costs in MPG....

A car is driving down the road. He realizes that the gas gage is dangerously low and he is in the middle of nowhere on an empty road. After a while the car runs completely out of gas and rolls to a stop. The man stands and hopes that just maybe a car would drive by and help but no one came. The man had just decided to start walking when he heard something say, "having car trouble?" The man looked around and behind his car and said, "WHO SAID THAT?!?!" "Up here" The voice said. The man looked up and saw a little bee. The man quickly jumped back and said, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TALK!!! AND YES I AM HAVING CAR TROUBLE!" The bee went into the car and saw the gas gage and told the man," don't move, I'l be right back." The man waited for about 10 min. until he heard a low buzzing noise.... then it got louder... and louder until he saw a swarm of bees coming towards him and his car. They all said in one loud buzzing voice, "open the gas tank pleazzzze" The man did as they asked and they all flew into the gas tank... the man was puzzled. then all the bees flew back out and said in the same voice, "start the engine pleazzze." The man turned the key and it started right up! "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN IT?!?!?" the man asked. "BP" the bees answered.

Seemed appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom