• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toilet paper for septic system ?

How long have you lived there? Might want to get it cleaned out. I've never had a problem with any toilet paper.

18 years but always thought we were on city sewer since we got a bill for it every month

Turns out ours and the house next door are on septic

The hundreds of other houses all around are on city

18 years but always thought we were on city sewer since we got a bill for it every month

Turns out ours and the house next door are on septic

The hundreds of other houses all around are on city

Dang. That's odd. Hope you can get it checked out soon and make sure it's good to go.

I'm about convinced that I will end up in the septic business.
It isn't rocket science.
So I'm going to sum it up.

Two chamber tanks are better than one.
In a two chamber tank there is a dividing wall such that the solid **** sinks in the first chamber and the fats float.
You want the **** to settle out and the liquid to pass on to the second chamber where again the **** sinks and the liquid flows out into your leech field.
There is a barrier that keeps the fats that float trapped and the liquid flows up and out from underneath.

Now if you pump it out before it fills slap full of **** you have enough volume for the settlement to occur.

Otherwise you send **** out into your leech field and clog it. Your baffle that keeps the fats at bay can fail and ruin your field as well.
So pull the lid on both sides or look on over and make sure it is there.

Don't put any bull**** to eat the paper and ****. Just pump it out every five years and rock out.

Fix any drips.
You are welcome.

Now some leech fields have a filter that will save it, but it clogs and you have to clean it.

Some have multiple lines and have a diversion valve so you can rotate the active line to allow the others to dry out.

Some like the infiltrator have air space and air is your friend in the leech field.

There are other systems with pumps and areators but if you know about those chime in.

I'm about convinced that I will end up in the septic business.
It isn't rocket science.
So I'm going to sum it up.

Two chamber tanks are better than one.
In a two chamber tank there is a dividing wall such that the solid **** sinks in the first chamber and the fats float.
You want the **** to settle out and the liquid to pass on to the second chamber where again the **** sinks and the liquid flows out into your leech field.
There is a barrier that keeps the fats that float trapped and the liquid flows up and out from underneath.

Now if you pump it out before it fills slap full of **** you have enough volume for the settlement to occur.

Otherwise you send **** out into your leech field and clog it. Your baffle that keeps the fats at bay can fail and ruin your field as well.
So pull the lid on both sides or look on over and make sure it is there.

Don't put any bull**** to eat the paper and ****. Just pump it out every five years and rock out.

Fix any drips.
You are welcome.

Now some leech fields have a filter that will save it, but it clogs and you have to clean it.

Some have multiple lines and have a diversion valve so you can rotate the active line to allow the others to dry out.

Some like the infiltrator have air space and air is your friend in the leech field.

There are other systems with pumps and areators but if you know about those chime in.

This guy really knows his ****...

tenor (2).gif

Reactions: MRM
After you pump both sides replace the filter with one of the new ones..Also available are easy access lids, that make pumping much easier, which means no digging and cost less. I just did it last year.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom