• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Took some good training over the weekend

willr1

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
My buddy Turner at Elite Public Safety Training Center put on a Asset/Liability course this weekend and it focused on engaging "Two Legged Predators". I took Top Shot and won a nice little Red Dot scope for my Mini-14. Here a few pics and vids, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW is right.......yep definitely would have to know and trust the people I would be shooting with. Some of those fellows inthe background did not appear to be sure of what to do.......otherwise interesting drill.

Thanks guys, we trusted each other and thats why the drill was performed. there was about 5-8ft between lanes. One thing about training on those drills is that you focus more because what is involved. When we did HRT training several years ago, the FBI instructors would fire about two feet away from your head and you could feel the "whizz" and muzzle blast, but that prepared you for what it was like. This was not my training, it was another instructors course I was taking and it was a blast.

In that first video on the first rotation you swept the guy in front of you pretty bad with your muzzle... and I believe again as you advanced on the threat.
Also toward the end, although it looked like his slide was locked back, your partner swept you also.

As an Instructor, it's up to you to set the example for your students on safety... & whether you "trust" someone's shooting or not there is never an excuse for sweeping a shooting partner.
You may not have been teaching but when you post a vid. showing yourself & others breaking a primary safety rule, it does not reflect well on you.

Highspeed shooting is "fun" but it is for Advanced Shooters with solid fundamentals. Some students may see this & want to skip the hours of rangetime necessary to perform those drills safely & consistently... that's how people get shot.

I would imagine that you are normally very safe & I have no doubt that you take your craft very seriously.
You have obviously dedicated yourself to this pursuit & please take my comments in the constructive manner that they are intended.
If you ever come to my classes or range & see something that's unsafe I hope that you would do the same for me.

I realize the sacrifices & challenges that you are facing trying to get your school/classes going on a larger scale.
This country needs more capable firearms Instructors so we all need to work together to help as many people as we can... and as Instructors we need to help each other be the best that we're capable of being.

I wish you the best & hope we can train together sometime.

Last edited:
In that first video on the first rotation you swept the guy in front of you pretty bad with your muzzle... and I believe again as you advanced on the threat.
Also toward the end, although it looked like his slide was locked back, your partner swept you also.

As an Instructor, it's up to you to set the example for your students on safety... & whether you "trust" someone's shooting or not there is never an excuse for sweeping a shooting partner.
You may not have been teaching but when you post a vid. showing yourself & others breaking a primary safety rule, it does not reflect well on you.

Highspeed shooting is "fun" but it is for Advanced Shooters with solid fundamentals. Some students may see this & want to skip the hours of rangetime necessary to perform those drills safely & consistently... that's how people get shot.

I would imagine that you are normally very safe & I have no doubt that you take your craft very seriously.
You have obviously dedicated yourself to this pursuit & please take my comments in the constructive manner that they are intended.
If you ever come to my classes or range & see something that's unsafe I hope that you would do the same for me.

I realize the sacrifices & challenges that you are facing trying to get your school/classes going on a larger scale.
This country needs more capable firearms Instructors so we all need to work together to help as many people as we can... and as Instructors we need to help each other be the best that we're capable of being.

I wish you the best & hope we can train together sometime.

You should post a highlight reel from your school

Back
Top Bottom