• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Took some good training over the weekend

Guys, I appreciate your feedback and critique and I dont take it as any of you as "bashing" the video and I always look for feedback on my training as another learning tool. Nobody is perfect, heck, I was at Black Water in 2006 and the instructor had an AD getting his gun out of his holster and missed a guy by two feet, so things happen in our profession and the only way to help reduce it is by knowing what you did wrong and I do appreciate the critisizm.

Im not trying to be "slow", but I still have not seen where ( looked at the times posted by PM) I swept my parter (black guy in red shirt) as I watched my gun the entire video. But, I take it at your word and if I did do it and you see it, thank you as I will be more aware next time.

For those who do not feel that drill was safe, your right, things can go wrong and it was geared for civillian training, which is not as "High speed, Low Drag" as other courses. In any training drill, you must feel comfortable with the person who you pick, in this case the guy I chose made me comfortable throughout the day or we would not have picked each other. Remember, if any one of you take a course and feel uncomfortable about doing a drill, do not do it ! The instructor should not hold it against you and should know that if the student has an issue, the likliehood of an accident occuring becomes greater.

As NG said, we have trained undr alot of the same isntructors and with my background in SWAT, Special Operations, Private Security and clandestine operations, Im used to training with some hairy drills. Think of basic training when the DI had machine guns going off while your crawling under barbed wire, you stood up, you pretty much got hit. This course was an advanced course, some students were basic, so they stuck together so the advanced students stuck together. Would I do this drill with a newbie...Heck No

Wheeler, your right, vicarious liability is a mother of all things to have and unfortunaly blood sucking ambulance chasing attorneys care only about $$$ and could care less that accidents occur. Safety is the top priority of any good instructor and I can vouch for the instructor of this course, he knows his stuff and I would take another course from him again as any training can be good training

^ Well-spoken. As I've said, maybe we'll have the opportunity to train together sometime.

Some of my Instructors & I are either heading to T.D.I. in Ohio to take some of their classes or to Bill Rogers' school in Ellijay this fall.
T.D.I. is further away but cheaper... Rogers is closer but alot more expensive.
I spoke w/ Dave Bowie a couple weeks ago & we discussed some of their course outlines among other things. He is possibly the foremost gunsmith for Glocks & M&P's in the country in addition to being a highly regarded Instructor.
They seem to really be dialed in & reasonably priced for the classes that they offer.

The more the merrier... if you're int'd, it would be nice to get a group of Instructors/ Advanced students to go together.

Last edited:
Im down to train with anyone as I always learn new ways and teaching methods as Im sure you do too. TDI is far cheaper than Rogers and I have taken Rogers twice (still have his cabin key lol) and his course will humble the best shooters and you will leave being able to shoot far better than you have before. I am game for going to TDI, the money saved and taking a course from someone who I have not taken one from before is more alluring. Keep me in the loop and when the time comes, if I can make it Ill go

I'd probably be interested in a road trip north myself. I'm also trying to swing a fall Rogers trip. Let me know what you guys have in mind for either.

How often does the average Joe get the abilty to pair up or stack up with other shooters? That specific type of instruction for the average Joe always confuses me. I am not commenting on the training overall, although I also felt like there were some safety concerns, however I wasn't there.

Im down to train with anyone as I always learn new ways and teaching methods as Im sure you do too. TDI is far cheaper than Rogers and I have taken Rogers twice (still have his cabin key lol) and his course will humble the best shooters and you will leave being able to shoot far better than you have before. I am game for going to TDI, the money saved and taking a course from someone who I have not taken one from before is more alluring. Keep me in the loop and when the time comes, if I can make it Ill go

By the way, whenever certain schools or topics come up, if it sounds like I'm over-explaining certain things or repeating the obvious, the reason why is that there are alot of people on this forum who are completely or almost completely new to some of these topics or are unfamiliar with some of the schools or Instructors and like to do their own research.

Just like in some classes where you can't go much/any faster than the slowest student.

I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone.

By the way, whenever certain schools or topics come up, if it sounds like I'm over-explaining certain things or repeating the obvious, the reason why is that there are alot of people on this forum who are completely or almost completely new to some of these topics or are unfamiliar with some of the schools or Instructors and like to do their own research.

Just like in some classes where you can't go much/any faster than the slowest student.

I'm not trying to be condescending to anyone.

Your communication is very constructive and helpful even to some of us seasoned folks. :)

Back
Top Bottom