Toyota overheating question

09 camry owner. I had the exact same issue last year. driving the temp was fine but when idle at a light or in traffic the temp would go up and the light would come on. It was the water pump. I drove like that for about 6 months before I really had to change it. Luckily is was the winter months so it didnt really overheat that much.

good luck

Tell her to imagine and calculate $5 a gal. gas. Then $9. See if she still wants a whale.

I know, she had an expedition years ago and is always saying how much she regrets getting rid of it.

How much you want for the 4runner lol?

Lol, make offer. It's a silver 2wd limited in great shape for her age.

If it overheats sitting still it's an airflow issue

If it overheats driving down the road it's a water flow issue

Our 97 4Runner was running great at 310K when we sold it to get a larger vehicle because our son had juvenile arthritis and we had to have more legroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like fan clutch

Waterpump onot these will be part timing belt job

Which you are due for
They should be but not always. When I bought my honda 12 years ago, it had records stating the timing belt and water pump along with new coolant was done. It started overheating when Id pull of the interstate and come up to the light. Turned out the waterpump had 1-2 impeller blades left on it when I removed it. It was the original pump with 130k miles on the car. The antifreeze was black as well.

Get the car up to temp, shut off, see if you can turn the fan by hand. That should rule out the fan clutch.
These don't have electric fans I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom