• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traders are becoming low grade

It's bound to happen...As soon as the word gets out that a place(site) is full of honest men with integrity, the dishonest zero integrity assholes come in just trying to get over. I've seen it quite a few times in my lifetime, in fact, experiencing the low life take over at my job right now...

Yep - I have first hand knowledge of this type of "dealing" when two of my buds were interested in the same item. Seller was stringing along bud #1 while dealing with bud #2.

No call-outs, though...:nono:
YEP....We all sat back and watched an asshole make an asshole of himself. AND watched a pair of friends help each other out.

It's bound to happen...As soon as the word gets out that a place(site) is full of honest men with integrity, the dishonest zero integrity assholes come in just trying to get over. I've seen it quite a few times in my lifetime, in fact, experiencing the low life take over at my job right now...
The last one kept stringing me out for a week, saying we were gonna meet this weekend to do the deal. When they said they’d have to put it off another week, I knew he was gonna welsh on the deal, but I just wanted to play it out tonwnd to confirm my suspicions. Get a PM from him this morning he already sold the gun....

The classic is when a trader puts a FS post up, make deal & agree to meet & buy it (not low balling it was his asking price), & get a reply like this... Man, I’m not sure I want to sell. I think I’m going to hang on to it & see what else is out there.

Had an offer on an item for less than posted , I agreed to it and would set up meet the next day , next day comes and he wants to back out because be didn't research it it first, but I also it later that day to an upstanding member for full price.

I wish someone had started a thread about this back in 2012 about all the new members. We needed a place to comment about flippers, gougers, and flakey members, but there was nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom