• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traders are becoming low grade

What's up with people not replying to PMs?

They will ask about something you have listed and after you reply....................................ghost.

I had one lying asshat tell me that his wife had his phone for the past 12 or 14 hours, but there were 2 different occasions that someone was logged onto his account at 9:30pm and 10:30 pm, and still no reply to the PM. He did reply at 6:00am after i got refused to deal with him.

I had another lying asshat tell me that he didn't reply because his wife had a stroke. He did manage to log onto the site a couple of times during her stroke.

Had another ignore my PM and called him out about touring the site and being an asshat for not replying. He whined to the mods and got me a week off because I called him an asshat and hurt his little feelings, then he goes and hides his activity status.

I have just about decided to stop trading with people that hide their activity.
Why do they hide?
Who are they hiding from?
It does help when they are lying about why they haven't replied?

I hate a lame ass liar worse than a thief.

I've had better communications and deals with new members (like just joined within an hour or two) and easier transactions than several long term members.

I guess the established members feel entitled to blowing people off, because they didn't like the offer, or just weren't interested.

The "Want to buy" are the worst about replying to PMs.

My ignore list has to be getting close to 150.:shocked:

Thanks to all those that I have corresponded with like intelligent people, whether we traded or not, and thanks to all of those that traded with me.

If someone has a gun that if in excellent condition would sale for $350.00 and it's beat all to hell, rust, blueing worn, scratches and scrapes on the wood all the way through the finish, and they have it advertised for $300.00, with "handling marks".

Would it be "low ball" to offer $200.00 shipping included?

I had a member offer me $400.00 for a rifle I had advertised for $500.00. He was afraid I would blow up and accuse him of "low balling".

He even apologized in his original PM hoping I wouldn't ignore his offer.

I told him to come to Eatonton and pick it up. Sold.

It's retail. You are dealing with the general public. So far, I haven't been offered food stamps on a trade and I don't have the gubment fining me for discrimitory practices.

Back
Top Bottom