• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training Before Obtaining Carry Permit?

Last year about this time, I was watching this grossly obese man trying to purchase a gun. He was riding a scooter and alternately standing while shopping waiting for his background check to come back. (He was declined) this idiot was wearing pajama bottoms with some sort of belt, open carrying a FN Tactical .45
He kept taking it out to show people (and the bullets in the mag.) Explaining to all who were gathered around how he could open carry with out a permit of any kind in Georgia, even though he lived in SC.

Yeah my spidey senses told me to bug the hell out of their, before I went to jail for slapping the stupid out of him and taking that poor abused weapon from him.
:mmph:

Maybe a Responsible Training Class is/was in order. Oops... My bad, he was exercising his 2A right so no training needed. The nerve of our government declining him.

So what if the government decided to make the training so hard that it caused you to walk out and say "this isn't for me"? What if the government decided to make training classes tough to attend, or high-priced, or just generally difficult?

Per the Constitution the government has no authority when it comes to 2A, and everything they are doing today is Unconstitutional.
What if the sky falls? We can over dramatize everything, it has nothing to do with the constitution it just weeds out those who aren't mentally ready to bear the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Does that not register at all when you are out with your family and one of those types of people start popping shots at you because they can't handle their firearm. Or have no clue of the laws or their responsibility.
Im not going to get in a long drawn out argument, it never leads to anything positive.
I am just giving my factual experience.

What if the sky falls? We can over dramatize everything, it has nothing to do with the constitution it just weeds out those who aren't mentally ready to bear the responsibility of carrying a firearm. Does that not register at all when you are out with your family and one of those types of people start popping shots at you because they can't handle their firearm. Or have no clue of the laws or their responsibility.
Im not going to get in a long drawn out argument, it never leads to anything positive.

Finally a voice of reason. Responsible Gun Ownership. The government created the Constitution. The Government regulates the Constitution. Hopefully we never get to the point of Mob Rule.

Last edited:

If one of "those" people decide to shoot at you, shoot back. But I know we don't tell the mentally ill that they can't vote or have a right to a fair trial, so why prevent them from bearing arms? You have to take the good with the bad. I also don't like the idea of our government deciding who is "ill" and who isn't. The American Psychiatric Association considered homosexuality a mental illness until 1974, and regardless of one's opinions on gay folk, I wouldn't want to see them disarmed because they like playing with fire hoses a little more than the average person.

Freedom isn't free, and sometimes the price we pay isn't overseas.

The only one overdramatizing anything here is you. "Me and my family" go out everyday, and we have yet to encounter anyone "popping off shots at us because they can't handle firearms". In fact where does this even happen???

Finally a voice of reason. Responsible Gun Ownership. The government created the Constitution. The Government regulates the Constitution. Hopefully we never get to the point of Mob Rule.

Yeah sorry but the government does not regulate the Constitution.

Are you advocating mandatory training to carry a firearm with a training url in your signature?

If one of "those" people decide to shoot at you, shoot back. But I know we don't tell the mentally ill that they can't vote or have a right to a fair trial, so why prevent them from bearing arms? You have to take the good with the bad. I also don't like the idea of our government deciding who is "ill" and who isn't. The American Psychiatric Association considered homosexuality a mental illness until 1974, and regardless of one's opinions on gay folk, I wouldn't want to see them disarmed because they like playing with fire hoses a little more than the average person.

Freedom isn't free, and sometimes the price we pay isn't overseas.

The world use to be flat, one race was superior to another, firearms were loaded at the muzzle one projectile at a time. As times change, regulations are updated. Sometimes someone needs to make the effort to protect us from ourselves. One persons rights ends where the others begins. My safety should not be in question because of lack of Responsible Gun Ownership.

The world use to be flat, one race was superior to another, firearms were loaded at the muzzle one projectile at a time. As times change, regulations are updated. Sometimes someone needs to make the effort to protect us from ourselves. One persons rights ends where the others begins. My safety should not be in question because of lack of Responsible Gun Ownership.

And my Right to Bear Arms should not be in question because someone is unable to understand the simplicity of 2A.

If you're that scared of firearms, perhaps you should not be around them.

Back
Top Bottom