• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training Before Obtaining Carry Permit?

Haven't read all 15 pages yet, but:

It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist that also infringes on a Constitutional Right. So, no...

How about a tax credit for tuition and fees paid for firearms training. More useful than a solar panel.

:second:A

I think part of the problem is that most think safety training has to involve hands on. Although by it would be best.

I see no reason safety cannot be taught in schools, with option to opt out if parents feel strongly against it.

Govt does regulate it. But we regulate the Govt. However many in this country are trading freedoms for comfort, not even trading freedom for security.
Pretty damn scary.
The sole purpose of the constitution is to regulate the government. We no longer regulate the government. The BOR is in jeopardy because of an unregulated Federal Branch.

I think part of the problem is that most think safety training has to involve hands on. Although by it would be best.

I see no reason safety cannot be taught in schools, with option to opt out if parents feel strongly against it.

Well, they do teach "sex training" of sorts with an optional opt-out. Had one course in middle school and another in high school. Both had opt-outs with alternative activities. Of course it mostly covers STD's and basic anatomy issues, but the same could be applied to firearms. At least allow the JROTC to have some kind of on-location training.

I am against it. There are people who could not afford the classes. They aren`t free in the states that require them. Besides,it ain`t a cure-all. Some people go to school 12 years and still can`t read. Or spell. This forum is a good example.
Sorry to bring up this old thread, just playing devils advocate. With the paying for the class argument. I get it, but you have to pay for the gun itself and $80 to get a carry permit. Nothing is free.

Back
Top Bottom