• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training Before Obtaining Carry Permit?

It becomes a double edge sword. I think that people should be more responsible with what they have. But like everything the government should not be the one to determine how it happens. Every time the government gets involved it becomes more difficult to do anything. I don't really have a problem with some of the concepts that have been put forth but once the ball starts rolling it will never stop. So Yes for the training but No for the governments hands in it.

After a back and forth with GeauxLSU GeauxLSU , I have come to the conclusion that SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means that it is an intrusion to our constitutional rights if the government attempts to legislate around stupidity. If a person chooses to carry a weapon, it is their obligation to be prepared and competent with it...

I would like to have a mandatory marksmanship and safety class given to all of our citizens paid for by the tax payers. Every one benefits.
I would like to see it not as a prerequisite for a CCW but as a prerequisite for graduating high school.

Who's going to pay for it?
$80+/- for a GWCL is too much for some people already.
Hmmm let's just add another tax to firearms to cover the mandatory training.

Tell ya what I'll pay for mandatory training when all welfare recipients have to pass recurring drug tests to receive benefits.
We could combine both ideas, training requirements and drug tests, into one bill and see if it floats...

I'd be OK with it, especially if it meant I could carry in all 50 states. It should include a Concealed Permit though, which is currently $80 or something like that already? Heck, they should use the Tax Stamp revenue to fund free training.

I seen a military guy bout choot himself in the foot. True story

As a vet I'll be the first to tell you that most guys coming out of the military are not proficient with handguns and have no working knowledge of the use of force as it applies to the average civilian. War zones are very different than here at home regarding use of force and liability/criminal prosecution.

I'm with a few above, you want to make everyone get training then allow unrestricted carry.

Back
Top Bottom