• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training Before Obtaining Carry Permit?

Who's going to pay for it?
$80+/- for a GWCL is too much for some people already.
Hmmm let's just add another tax to firearms to cover the mandatory training.

Tell ya what I'll pay for mandatory training when all welfare recipients have to pass recurring drug tests to receive benefits.
We could combine both ideas, training requirements and drug tests, into one bill and see if it floats...
Except the permit fees are a poll tax

The drug testing for welfare simply should be an understood caveat

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/stat...slator-seeks-training-requirement-to-o/npYmL/

I would love to hear everyone thoughts on this proposed idea? I am as pro-gun as anyone here but if someone is carrying I want them to know how to handle and properly use a weapon. Just my two cents. I feel that people who already have a permit should be grandfathered in and LE/military should be exempt. Please discuss I would love to know how people feel about this. Im not necessarily in favor of this, I just want to know everyone's thoughts and opinions here. Also think about this...would you be willing to complete this class if it meant reciprocity in all 50 states?
I always get disheartened with this is seriously discussed by ANY gun owner, but I also realize that's the reality. The vast majority of people have no idea what the 2nd amendment is about. When pressed, they 'might' be able to eventually get around to stated the reason but they still don't 'get it'. It's not about hunting, it's not about target practice or competition and it's not even about your 'right' to self defense. It is in there for a VERY specific reason. The other items mentioned are simply side benefits.
The founders got what it meant to be oppressed. They tried their best to insure it would never happen to the country they were spilling their blood and giving their lives to form. They put it in the clearest possible language. They even went so far as to make it the ONLY enumerated right that specifically says "Shall not be infringed", yet .... ironically, it is probably THE MOST infringed upon enumerated right there is. The fact that Georgia, like so many states, requires government permission and a tax to exercise a right that says "shall not be infringed" moves way beyond ironic and is absolutely nauseating. Yet how did it happen? Because we WILLFULLY allowed it to happen. Some of us even encouraged it along. There are people on this very board that would absolutely vote for mandatory training before the government granted you 'permission' to carry a weapon. We are in fact our worse enemy and the government knows it, uses it, and loves it.
To be clear. Everyone 'should' be very adept at using whatever weapons they choose to carry. For those that believe outside instruction would further their abilities, it would be prudent for them to seek out and take such classes. Similarly, you can't practice enough. However, the mere thought of 'mandatory training' imposed by government, for an enumerated right that is there specifically to prevent government tyranny, should disgust and horrify even the most passive citizen, gun owner or not!

I always get disheartened with this is seriously discussed by ANY gun owner, but I also realize that's the reality. The vast majority of people have no idea what the 2nd amendment is about. When pressed, they 'might' be able to eventually get around to stated the reason but they still don't 'get it'. It's not about hunting, it's not about target practice or competition and it's not even about your 'right' to self defense. It is in there for a VERY specific reason. The other items mentioned are simply side benefits.
The founders got what it meant to be oppressed. They tried their best to insure it would never happen to the country they were spilling their blood and giving their lives to form. They put it in the clearest possible language. They even went so far as to make it the ONLY enumerated right that specifically says "Shall not be infringed", yet .... ironically, it is probably THE MOST infringed upon enumerated right there is. The fact that Georgia, like so many states, requires government permission and a tax to exercise a right that says "shall not be infringed" moves way beyond ironic and is absolutely nauseating. Yet how did it happen? Because we WILLFULLY allowed it to happen. Some of us even encouraged it along. There are people on this very board that would absolutely vote for mandatory training before the government granted you 'permission' to carry a weapon. We are in fact our worse enemy and the government knows it, uses it, and loves it.
To be clear. Everyone 'should' be very adept at using whatever weapons they choose to carry. For those that believe outside instruction would further their abilities, it would be prudent for them to seek out and take such classes. Similarly, you can't practice enough. However, the mere thought of 'mandatory training' imposed by government, for an enumerated right that is there specifically to prevent government tyranny, should disgust and horrify even the most passive citizen, gun owner or not!

but it's "common sense".....

But, but......it's for the children

Back
Top Bottom